Hik smart search

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone got smart playback to work on hik 7616 nvr using non-hik cameras? I have two Hik cameras and two Jennov cameras recording continuously. The hiks show the green marks on the timeline where motion occurred, but not the Jennov.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has any got smart playback to work on hik 7616 nvr using non-hik cameras?
Not the red-marked motion-marked blue continuous timeline (web GUI), nope.
Even with 3rd party cameras that have a 'hikserver' internal facility that allows them to be added as Hikvision / port 8000 and also do motion detection as normal Hikvision.

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm talking about the playback timeline on the nvr console. The little green marks only show up for the hik cams. The other cams support motion detection and send alerts, but nothing on the timeline.
20190109_213915.jpg

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
From what I understand, the "smart" marks on the timeline don't even show for hik cameras on any of the web/ivms/connect clients. Just on the console.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the "smart" marks on the timeline don't even show for hik cameras on any of the web/ivms/connect clients. Just on the console.
No, motion marking have been available on a web GUI playback continuous timeline since firmware 3.4.80
Example :
upload_2019-1-11_11-32-3.png

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
No, motion marking have been available on a web GUI playback continuous timeline since firmware 3.4.80
Example :
View attachment 37742
Yeah, I'm not worried about the web stuff. I was just curious if there was any way to get other cameras to mark motion on the NVR console timeline like the hik cameras do.
Looks like I'll need to ditch the cheapo cameras and find a couple more hiks.

Rattletrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Does hik sell any outdoor dome cameras to other vendors for rebranding like they do with the video doorbell?