Hik Virtual Host NVR Issues

jdougal

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Laview rebranded Hikvision NVR system. I have the virtual host enabled and was able to connect to the cameras. I installed a 3rd camera, and now the first two cameras do not connect via the NVR provided IP. What setting may have changed? I also enabled port forwarding and DDNS to remote to the NVR. I however have disabled this and still unable to connect via the NVR.

My ultimate goal is to get the streams from these cams to integrate into ImperiHome, any assistance would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you hover the mouse over the camera link in the right-hand column of Camera Management, what does it show for each camera?
If Virtual Host is still enabled, you should be able to ping the cameras at their IP address shown in Camera Management from a PC on the LAN.
What do you get when you try this?

jdougal

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to ping those addresses.

My NVR is 192.XXX.X.241 and the cameras are 192.XXX.X.241:65001-65003. I am able to ping the NVR when I try to ping the cameras I get - "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is the full iP? Don't write xxx that doesn't help us to help you

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you use for your lan and in your nvr?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You prob need a static link in your router or a routing table in your computer

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 'Virtual Host' links look normal.
ping the cameras at their IP address shown in Camera Management
This is likely to be something like 192.168.254.2 or similar.
At a Windows command prompt,
ping 192.168.254.2
and if you have it
tracert 192.168.254.2

jdougal

n3wb
Reaction score
The 'Virtual Host' links look normal.

This is likely to be something like 192.168.254.2 or similar.
At a Windows command prompt,
ping 192.168.254.2
and if you have it
tracert 192.168.254.2
My NVR IP is 192.168.1.xxx, the virtual host IPs for the cams are the same IP but with different endings.
Cam 1 - http://192.168.1.241:65001/
etc

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My NVR IP is 192.168.254.1, the virtual host IPs for the cams are the same IP but with different endings.
Some confusion here.
Unless you have customised both the LAN IP address and the PoE interface IP address, the address above is the usual default for the PoE interface.
And that is not a camera IP address - it's the value shown by Virtual Host, which is a 'natted' port on what is likely to be the NVR IP address of 192.168.1.241
The camera IP addresses are listed in the 'IP Address' column of Camera Management in the NVR web GUI.

Did you set any camera IP addresses directly on the camera web GUI itself, or via SADP?

jdougal

n3wb
Reaction score
Some confusion here.
Unless you have customised both the LAN IP address and the PoE interface IP address, the address above is the usual default for the PoE interface.
And that is not a camera IP address - it's the value shown by Virtual Host, which is a 'natted' port on what is likely to be the NVR IP address of 192.168.1.241
The camera IP addresses are listed in the 'IP Address' column of Camera Management in the NVR web GUI.

Did you set any camera IP addresses directly on the camera web GUI itself, or via SADP?
My apologies, I thought you were asking for the virtual host assignment. Yes the cameras then begin after that IP. One second and I will ping the actual IPs. I am on my regular network though, won't a ping not work to those IPs as they're on a different subnet I believe it is? Isn't that the entire reason of the virtual host?

Ping failed for camera IP