Hik Vision installation

z3sniper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
We recently purchased a house that came with a hik vision set up (nvr and 6 cameras)
when the owners left they reset and disconnected the cables from the system and didnt supply us with any of the details.

When trying to reset the login details I am met with needing a security code, if I were to get past that I would then need to send them a xml file.

unfortunately it would appear that they purchased the system away from normal authorised channels (Ebay or amazon we dont know). and have told me that they will not assist.

Is there anything that I can do?

If not thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
We recently purchased a house that came with a hik vision set up (nvr and 6 cameras)
when the owners left they reset and disconnected the cables from the system and didnt supply us with any of the details.

When trying to reset the login details I am met with needing a security code, if I were to get past that I would then need to send them a xml file.

unfortunately it would appear that they purchased the system away from normal authorised channels (Ebay or amazon we dont know). and have told me that they will not assist.

Is there anything that I can do?

If not thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers.
Hi @z3sniper

Do you have the model numbers of the cameras?
Can you reach the cameras?

z3sniper

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for responding @mat200, I have only pulled one camera down so far. all appear to look the same (I know that this may be deceiving)
the one that has been taken down so far is as follows.

DS-2CD2332-I
I pulled this information when using the SADP sofware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I pulled this information when using the SADP sofware.
What does SADP show for the firmware version of the camera, and it's IP address?
And the model and firmware version of the NVR?
Were the cables from the cameras connected into PoE ports of the NVR?
If so, and the camera firmware is 5.4.0 or earlier, the camera password can likely be extracted, which by default is the same as that of the NVR.

z3sniper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @alastairstevenson,

Firmware version = I cant see one that lists firmware version
Software version = V5.2.0build 140721
DSP Version V5.0 build 140714
The cameras were all disconnected as the NVR was unplugged and sitting on a bench.
there are a bunch of rj45 cables out of the wall (not labeled) So i assume that they are POE into the NVR

Thank you for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
IP address?

Unfortunately, that firmware version pre-dates when hard-coded defaults were removed, so the NVR will have just used 12345 or 123456789abc to connect the camera.

Suggestion: set the PC IP address to be in the same range as that of the camera, and try to log in to the web GUI with those default passwords.