Hikivision DS-2CD2432F-IW 2 way audio

deathcomp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to get the 2 way audio to work in BI for a hikivision DS-2CD2432F-IW. If I go directly to the camera and use the live view I can enable the speaker and I hear from the cameras mic and if I hit the mic button on the live view I can talk into my mic on my pc and it comes out the speaker on the camera.

The problem is when I try to use the mic button in BI. First it doesn't stay selected when I click it. If I hold the mic button down in BI I am able to talk into my mic on the pc, but for some reason the sound comes out my pc speakers and not the camera.

I have the same problem if I use the iOS BI app. If I use the mic button there it also sends the sound out my pc speakers instead of the camera speakers.

Do I just have some setting wrong? Why does the sound come out the pc speakers instead of the camera speakers.

As a note, I have the exact same problem with two different wifi cameras I have tried.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to get the 2 way audio to work in BI for a hikivision DS-2CD2432F-IW. If I go directly to the camera and use the live view I can enable the speaker and I hear from the cameras mic and if I hit the mic button on the live view I can talk into my mic on my pc and it comes out the speaker on the camera.

The problem is when I try to use the mic button in BI. First it doesn't stay selected when I click it. If I hold the mic button down in BI I am able to talk into my mic on the pc, but for some reason the sound comes out my pc speakers and not the camera.

I have the same problem if I use the iOS BI app. If I use the mic button there it also sends the sound out my pc speakers instead of the camera speakers.

Do I just have some setting wrong? Why does the sound come out the pc speakers instead of the camera speakers.

As a note, I have the exact same problem with two different wifi cameras I have tried.
Post screenshots of the blue iris options audio tab and the camera properties audio tab.