Hikivison Horror-"Unable to register the DLL/OCX"

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't get live picture on the network browser for set-up.. it downloads the plug-in but I get this:"
"Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5"
I am running I.E. 9 as admin and active -x is enabled. OS is Vista.Tried to get this to work dozens of times. I can't set up the cam with proper time,etc.
Am I missing something? Does anyone have a solve?
(I am running this Hikivision camera as ONVIF on a Dahua NVR)

Thanks,
Tubac

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you don't get it working, whatever you can do from the camera web interface, you can also do it from iVMS-4200. If you don't have any other computer at hand, I would try that...

Also, Windows Vista? Really? :p

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try adding the camera's IP address to Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet

What are you running IE9 for anyway? You should probably update IE to 11.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Beware Microsoft ends all support for Vista in April 2017, its been out of mainline support for several years but security issues will no longer be fixed and it'll be dead in a few short months.

that computer is not safe for using on the internet anymore, consider at least upgrading operating systems if you cannot afford new equipment.. its just going to get worse as nobody is doing any regression testing against anything older than Windows7 and they havent been for a good while.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What are you running IE9 for anyway? You should probably update IE to 11.[/

that computer is not safe for using on the internet anymore, consider at least upgrading operating systems if you cannot afford new equipment.. its just going to get worse as nobody is doing any regression testing against anything older than Windows7 and they havent been for a good while.[/QUOTE]

i only use it to set up my ip cameras. Almost every manufacturer has different schemes as far as set-up. It's not the PC so much as the arcane and often bizarre technical inconsistencies built into the software and instructions.

Oh, and I hate to admit but, I've been a Mac guy exclusively for the last 25 yrs. Pisses me off that have to use a PC to set up my cams

When this $149 dollar laptop I bought at Walmart craps out, I'll buy another crappy PC . But as for now- there is life in this old chipset yet!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fyi Dahua cameras are fully usable from MacOSX, near full parity w/windows now that they updated SmartPSS (no PC-NVR)

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Firefox seems to work best for me out of the 3 major browsers.
2nd choice would be Chrome with IE Tab.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
fyi Dahua cameras are fully usable from MacOSX, near full parity w/windows now that they updated SmartPSS (no PC-NVR)
Using bonjour I can reach the cameras on my 192.xxx.xxx scheme, but alas, the ONVIF cameras plugged into the
my NVR's built in poe switch are on the 10.xxx.xxx scheme . The only way I've been able to set those up are via the PC. I did not know smart PSS has been updated. Will it work with the ONVIF set-up? Can you provide an update link?

kteas1

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Went to Firefox, typed the ip address and there it was with no plugins. My nvr runs on the 10.xxx..xxx.xxx , I have a couple of cameras on 192.xxx.xxx.xxx. the cameras outside the range of my nvr's ip addresses I plug into a poe switch. They show up with manual add, and record great. Having added 2 cameras with strong 100 yard ir, and also a second drive to improve storage, it also helps relieve the nvr's power budget. I plug two cameras into two of the poe ports, then connect one non poe port into an open camera port on the nvr. I also run the nvr's network connection to the switch, and then connect my lan to the switch.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk