HikIvsion access Thermography Data

Nimbus

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a question as to if anyone has found a solution to accessing the Thermography result data from a HIkVision camera - what we are trying to achieve is to put the camera in a temperature monitoring mode (in this case a (DS-2TD2617B-3/PA thermal and optical bullet camera) what we want to do is on demand make a request to the camera as to the current temperature min max and average being a bonus - we have investigated and can see methods to get a current snapshot picture from the camera which is great () but we would also like to get the data itself in a simpler from to handle

has anybody experience or have done this before ?

thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a question as to if anyone has found a solution to accessing the Thermography result data from a HIkVision camera
For such a high-end camera - I'd have expected your seller to be able to provide good support, even if they have to refer back to Hikvision Tech support.
They will be able to supply you with a copy of the current API documentation.

Nimbus

n3wb
Reaction score
For such a high-end camera - I'd have expected your seller to be able to provide good support, even if they have to refer back to Hikvision Tech support.
They will be able to supply you with a copy of the current API documentation.
ya we have all the API documentation etc and it is extensive () - just see a method or option to get to thermal data stream and be able to integrate this to other applications

chamarts

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a question as to if anyone has found a solution to accessing the Thermography result data from a HIkVision camera - what we are trying to achieve is to put the camera in a temperature monitoring mode (in this case a (DS-2TD2617B-3/PA thermal and optical bullet camera) what we want to do is on demand make a request to the camera as to the current temperature min max and average being a bonus - we have investigated and can see methods to get a current snapshot picture from the camera which is great () but we would also like to get the data itself in a simpler from to handle

has anybody experience or have done this before ?

thanks in advance
Hi, were you able to figure this out ?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have installed a face terminal (DS-K1T671TM-3XF) and would also appreciate any feedback on getting this info from the terminal/camera. Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you get the information from ivms or when connected by web to the camera? if you see it, just get fiddler / wireshark (start with fiddler...) and check communication between your client and the camera, this might give you a clue

Nimbus

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually did manage to figure this out with support from HIKVision - had to enable different options on the camera and get info on the ISAPI calls available - dont know if they work for all cameras but worked for my purpose whereby i can get an image with temperature info and also a separate stream for just the temperature data in JSON response

Manual call to get the current temperature readings on demand
http://<serverip>/ISAPI/Thermal/channels/2/thermometry/1/rulesTemperatureInfo?format=json

Get thermal image picture
http://<serverip>/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/2/picture

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you please share the camera settings and the json programming.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk