[HIKVISION] 经销NVR vs NVR

aloau

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision Chinese Website has two categories of NVR, 经销NVR and NVR. Via Google Translate, it translates to Distribution NVR. Does anyone know the difference of the two product categories and which one I should be looking at to have a chance at changing the language of the NVR?

Thanks in advance,
Aloau

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision Chinese Website has two categories of NVR, 经销NVR and NVR. Via Google Translate, it translates to Distribution NVR. Does anyone know the difference of the two product categories and which one I should be looking at to have a chance at changing the language of the NVR?

Thanks in advance,
Aloau
why dont you just by an international version...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
mainly is the cost, do you have any knowledge of changing the language of the NVR?
So you are going to try and save a few dollars and spend hours on your futile attempt to change the NVR language....

aloau

n3wb
Reaction score
So you are going to try and save a few dollars and spend hours on your futile attempt to change the NVR language....
"a few dollars"? Where do you get cheap english NVRs that have prices comparable to the chinese NVRs? I'm new to Hikvision so I don't know where to get them for cheap. Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"a few dollars"? Where do you get cheap english NVRs that have prices comparable to the chinese NVRs? I'm new to Hikvision so I don't know where to get them for cheap. Thanks in advance.
start reading...or learn chinese...

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
don't buy the hacked version. how many channel you need? if you live in USA, I can hook u up.

aloau

n3wb
Reaction score
don't buy the hacked version. how many channel you need? if you live in USA, I can hook u up.
Sadly, I don't live in the US, but I'm looking at 16 channels with facial recognition...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't live in the US, but I'm looking at 16 channels with facial recognition...
No you are not looking for facial recognition....no hikvision NVR or camera in your price range of china region crap has facial recognition...you might mean face detection with is completely different and simply does not work on hikvision devices.

aloau

n3wb
Reaction score
No you are not looking for facial recognition....no hikvision NVR or camera in your price range of china region crap has facial recognition...you might mean face detection with is completely different and simply does not work on hikvision devices.
Ok, thanks for your advice, do you have any recommendations other NVRs that have this feature which is reliable? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your advice, do you have any recommendations other NVRs that have this feature which is reliable? Thanks
not in your price range...face recognition is expensive.

aloau

n3wb
Reaction score
no, all the cheap systems dont do it properly...its a gimmick, its not needed and a waste of time...what are you trying to accomplish?
actually just wanted to experiment with it, do you have a link to the "cheap systems"? Thanks for all your help fenderman.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
actually just wanted to experiment with it, do you have a link to the "cheap systems"? Thanks for all your help fenderman.
you know the cheap systems...hikvision, dahua...
its pointless, but knock yourself out.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Blue Iris is software? Meaning I can run it on my Windows Server? Wow, I did not know there was this type of software, it looks promising. Thanks, I'll look into it.
Look at the blue bar at the top, you will see a link to Wiki. Read up on some of the recommended cameras and Blue Iris hardware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well if you mean thousand is a few... okay. :)
I've just bought a hikvision system with 8 ip cam 8mp, nvr + 2 x 3TB hdd and web poe switch, cost me arround 700 instead more than 3 thousands if I buy intl version.
You have your pricing wrong. But I'm bot good to stop you from being a pompous fool
Be sure to come back here when your system has issues.
But you are the expert..