Hikvision 2032 noisy picture

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Picked up a 2032 recently and after some testing indoors which I thought was fine went ahead and installed outside.
Not sure what is going on but the night time picture is just awful. Lots and lots of noise in the picture. I'm not really convinced daytime is much better but it's at night when it is really obvious. Any ideas what could cause this? I'm hoping it's just something in the settings in the camera and not defective hardware. Resolution is set to 1080p.

Will post a shot from the night and also day. Sorry it's mostly snow without much subject matter.
Can post my camera settings later tonight if that will help.

Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
3mp cameras will always be worse than the same camera in a 1.3mp version...your problem is magnified because that area is pitch black and there is nothing for the ir light to bounce off of (although snow usually helps a lot but not in this case.....you either need to add more ir light or more regular lighting...or switch to a 1.3mp camera...
You can improve the image by making sure wdr is off and increase the noise reduction to 100 percent..then play with the gain/brightness/contrast settings..

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I ended up moving it tonight closer to the house with more light and closer subject matter based on your comments. What a difference. Looks perfectly fine now.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just in time to record the blizzard starting here tomorrow!