Hikvision 2132 cams and DS-7608NI-E2/8P problems.....wits end and beyond

Reaction score
I have the 2132 cameras with the reset button and the stated nvr with poe. Everything initially set up perfect and all the cams got recognized and successfully generated feed online and local. Problems start with any brownouts or power shut offs. All the cams come back as offline and no matter what I do, short of resetting every last one of them, leads to nothing. I have to physically reset the camera to bring it back online. Needless to say.....pita. Resetting or restoring the cam in the cam menu or the nvr menu accomplishes nothing. The nvr has a sub nic of 192.168.254.xxx which auto assigns ips to the camera in that domain. I have no ports forwarded for the cams. I have all the ports forwarded in my router and canyouseeme hits them all successfully. The cams originally had the factory default ip of 192.168.0.xxx (or something like that) which I changed to 192.168.1.xxx. Like I said, after it was all fired up the cams were given 192.168.254.xxx ips by the nvr. I have a DSL connection set for bridged ethernet to the router (PPPOE). I am not using pppoe in the nvr setup. I am using tcip settings. I am at a complete loss. Also, when I tried to set up the hik-online ddns server it stated that the nvr device was offline. I was able to access it the first time but now I can't. I can access all cameras via laptop plugged into nvr. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very time constrained on this. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the PoE ports set as Plug and Play on the NVR?
I have never seen any problems with cameras coming up 'offline' after power off.
As an experiment, for a couple of the ports, change mode to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug and Play'. Keep the same IP address, port=8000, keep 'Hikvision' protocol and name/password.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You don't want to hear this, but my suggestion would be to start over. I would re-set the parameters back to the beginning and start by running with the NVR first and get the cameras talking to it and working 100%. Plug a monitor directly to the NVR. Use the SADP tool and get everything back to the default IP's. Leave the camera IP's at 192.168.254.XXX. Why aren't you using the inbuilt PPPOE and why are you bridging the ethernet? It seems like you are overcomplicating things for yourself. Go back to the basics and try one step at a time. I would strongly recommend a UPS for you NVR too!
Also, I have just loaded ver3.3 of the firmware. I have had few strange things happen, but it's all working out so far.
Good Luck.

Chris

Reaction score
I have a DSL connection and using a PPPoe configuration is what is recommended for best performance. Basically, the modem passes thru to the router and the router does all the work. I have a No-IP account for the router. I have had some success this morning by doing what alastairstevenson suggested; manually configuring the cams to specific ip addresses (192.168.254.xx) and not doing the plug and play thing. I am almost afraid to attempt the PPPoe settings. I can view the cameras over my network now but am having no luck configuring remote viewing which was a cinch initially. The NVR will not allow me to configure DDNS for some reason. It just keeps giving me an error when I try either NO-IP or Hik-online. Hik Online just says that my device is offline. Like I said earlier, all the necessary ports (554, 80, 8000) are open according to canyouseeme. Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So are the cameras no longer coming up as 'offline' after a power-off?
NVR IP gateway and subnet mask correct? Both needed for off-net access.
Telnet access to the NVR allows you to ping a web address by FQ domain name at the command prompt? eg ping google.com

Reaction score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Got them up and can watch remotely and within my network. I powered the entire system down and brought it back up. They all came back online. I think the Plug and Play was the culprit in my instance. I set the remote viewing to the No-Ip server and 4500HD for android was able to pull it right up. The only odd thing now is that two of my cameras have times that are 30 minutes different from the rest. That should be an easy fix. I'm sure I will have plenty more questions and the learning curve starts to flatten but for now......Thanks everybody for your help!!!

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool!
Oh, and sorry I was half drunk when I replied to your post. I mis-read it. I read PoE instead of PPPoe and it confused me . LOL I hope it all goes well!

These things are a little tricky. Since I updated the firmware and re-set everything on mine, I can no longer get the connection up on my phone. Just have to keep trying.

Chris

Yauzer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 2132 cameras with the reset button and the stated nvr with poe. Everything initially set up perfect and all the cams got recognized and successfully generated feed online and local. Problems start with any brownouts or power shut offs. All the cams come back as offline and no matter what I do, short of resetting every last one of them, leads to nothing. I have to physically reset the camera to bring it back online. Needless to say.....pita. Resetting or restoring the cam in the cam menu or the nvr menu accomplishes nothing. The nvr has a sub nic of 192.168.254.xxx which auto assigns ips to the camera in that domain. I have no ports forwarded for the cams. I have all the ports forwarded in my router and canyouseeme hits them all successfully. The cams originally had the factory default ip of 192.168.0.xxx (or something like that) which I changed to 192.168.1.xxx. Like I said, after it was all fired up the cams were given 192.168.254.xxx ips by the nvr. I have a DSL connection set for bridged ethernet to the router (PPPOE). I am not using pppoe in the nvr setup. I am using tcip settings. I am at a complete loss. Also, when I tried to set up the hik-online ddns server it stated that the nvr device was offline. I was able to access it the first time but now I can't. I can access all cameras via laptop plugged into nvr. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very time constrained on this. Thanks!!!
I just experienced the same problem on June 3, 2015 for the first time. I had everything working with great with my Hikvision 7608 and two Hikvision cameras since October 2014. All of a sudden the logs shows that the DVR stopped recording and the cameras were not longer detected. I troubleshot my cabling, LAN and Cameras and found no issues with this components. I can connect directly to the cameras directly and can view with no issues. Therefore, it would seem that the issue is localized to the DVR. I have shutdown and cycled power on the DVR several times but the unit still cannot detect the cameras. Reading this post I will try to configure settings from Plug & Play to Manual to see if it makes a difference. It is peculiar that everything was working just fine until recently and that I now have to resort to investigating the root cause & trigger. I will have to monitor more closely for external intrusions and possible security exploits. Perhaps it is a bug or something more intentional...call me paranoid. Do I appreciate the lead as Hikvision offered no support other than to than contacting the vendor I purchased the equipment from. Also, the DVR offers very little in terms of diagnostics of the PoE ports and IP Configuration....this is good and bad. For someone like me, and since it is a linux based system, I wonder if there more advance commands that can be access via telnet. Thanks for the lead.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the camera IP addresses and the PoE ports IP addresses still match?
At the NVR command prompt, you could use 'ifconfig' to verify that the base address (the default is 192.168.254.1) is still set correctly for the PoE interface.

Reaction score
I just experienced the same problem on June 3, 2015 for the first time. I had everything working with great with my Hikvision 7608 and two Hikvision cameras since October 2014. All of a sudden the logs shows that the DVR stopped recording and the cameras were not longer detected. I troubleshot my cabling, LAN and Cameras and found no issues with this components. I can connect directly to the cameras directly and can view with no issues. Therefore, it would seem that the issue is localized to the DVR. I have shutdown and cycled power on the DVR several times but the unit still cannot detect the cameras. Reading this post I will try to configure settings from Plug & Play to Manual to see if it makes a difference. It is peculiar that everything was working just fine until recently and that I now have to resort to investigating the root cause & trigger. I will have to monitor more closely for external intrusions and possible security exploits. Perhaps it is a bug or something more intentional...call me paranoid. Do I appreciate the lead as Hikvision offered no support other than to than contacting the vendor I purchased the equipment from. Also, the DVR offers very little in terms of diagnostics of the PoE ports and IP Configuration....this is good and bad. For someone like me, and since it is a linux based system, I wonder if there more advance commands that can be access via telnet. Thanks for the lead.
I got mine up and running and everything is fine now. If I remember correctly, and I may have posted this elsewhere, the solution was to individually reset all the cameras with the onboard reset button. The reset procedure if I remember correctly was to power down the camera, hold the reset button down and power up while still holding the reset button down for approximately 30 secs and release. It helps to have a friend help you. I also manually configured the cameras to the internal nic address associated with that camera. The plug and play was making a mess of things.