Hikvision 2335 parameter error when trying to change image settings

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision 2335 from Amazon vendor. Firmware is V5.3.6 build 151221, with a CH in the serial. I got it set up and working in blue iris.

I'm trying to turn off the OSD in the camera, but I keep getting 'parameter error' when I press save. I'm able to modify other things in the settings such as time zone, resolution, framerate.

Any suggestions? I'm just trying to turn off the camera's OSD.

I've tried chrome and edge.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried chrome and edge.
I believe that some of the settings changes need the webcomponents plugin to be installed and available.
Neither Chrome nor Edge supports that type of plugin any longer.
Presumably you don't see any video in Live View?
You should be able to use IE11 OK.

trignflo

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this can be achieved in Windows 10? as suggested above I can't save OSD settings but can't get web components to load up either...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Use IE11 instead of Edge. It is available in Win10. Use the extended menu button, top right I think it is. Others will correct as needed.

trignflo

n3wb
Reaction score
Firefox was my solution with Windows10. Have removed OSD already much cleaner and allows Blue Iris to add what I need.

Many thanks hiky

TnF

Reaction score
I am attempting to do the same using Firefox but seem to be unable to make the plug in work. I downloaded web components using chrome as Firefox did not give me the option and then ran twice with all browsers closed however it still says no plugin detected. Are there any other options?

Steve

zmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I’m very new to hikvision and the camera systems

i have the same sort of set up as above and am getting the same error message when trying to change the resolution. Ive tried to change it via the nvr itself and also through a laptop on the same local network. Both come with error messages. I’ve tried the solutions mentioned above but nothing seems to work. I do have the latest firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you