Hikvision 2432 SMB/CIFS Setup

jacngo

n3wb
Reaction score
Use "/" without the quotes then the folder name.

E.g Foldername in Windows d:\Footage\Camera01

on the hikvision folder should be /Footage/Camera01

cavalier90

n3wb
Reaction score
Decided to try out some internal features of Hikvision...

I can't seem to get SMB/CIFS to work on my 2432 (V5.1.0). I've tried sharing from Windows 8, and from my ASUS router SMB service which are both accessible from my windows 8 box.

After adding the SMB/CIFS drives under the NAS tab, the Storage Tab just shows drives as Offline.

Tips?
dalepa:
Saw this old post of yours regarding an SMB share on an Asus router. curious if you ever gto it to work? I have a 4TB USB 3.0 drive on my RT-AC68U, and I cannot seem to get the HIKVision 2342 (V5.5.0) to see it. I keep getting invalid username and or directory error.
curious if you had some tips on this setup?
thx.

enf70

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using the Asus router for a while with the cameras... even found a screenshot with the config, hope it helps.
Things I remember:
- I created partitions with the right amount of space for each camera
- I created a specific user for the cameras and gave it access to the shares
- I specified Simpler share naming (without the disk name)

P.S. I think I also created directories with the same name as the share inside each partition.

(see the attached screenshot)

Attachments

cavalier90

n3wb
Reaction score
enf70...thx for that. my rt-ac68u does not have some of those config settings. did you partition the drive prior to attaching it to the router?

cavalier90

n3wb
Reaction score
my issue appears to be the volume size. I repartitioned my 4tb into several 200gb volumes and had no issues attaching via SMB. thanks for the help!

enf70

n3wb
Reaction score
I use AsusWRT-Merlin firmware (that's why there might be extra config settings)
You can partition and format on the router directly.
Unmount the disk and partition / format it to your liking from the shell.

SMB /disk speed is not great on the router but it's sufficient for a few cameras (depends on the bitrate as well)
Camera software will always try and use all available space on the share so you need partitions (or quota features which are not available on the router)