Hikvision 2CD-2132 USA version won't power up

Mocard

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision 2CD-2132 USA version and I can't get it to power up inside LED isn't illuminated.

I have a Hikvision 7616 16p POE and it was set to Auto on the POE but changed it to POE-af I think it is.. and the other 4 2cd-2132's work perfectly.. just not this one.

I also tried plugging directly into a separate POE switch and don't get a light or IR that way either.

I've also tried holding the reset down and then powering up but that fails to get any results.

Let me know if you've seen this before or have any suggestions.
Thanks
Jody

Mocard

n3wb
Reaction score
I do .. it's beside me on my desk since I took it down off the wall.. I'll try that .. keep you posted :)

Mocard

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a power adapter and it powered right up. I've tried the Hikvision NVR .. a startech POE switch and a netgear POE switch I have.. none of them will power this one up on it's own. I made my own network cables when I built that system and tested them all for crossed and shorts. It just seems that somehow the POE power side of the camera is dead. It worked for a couple days on the original setup and I went back a couple nights later and the one camera was dead which is what I have here now. So maybe it's just factory flawed /shrug. I can run it np with a PSU on it.. just not over POE. Maybe time for warranty on it ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a power adapter and it powered right up. I've tried the Hikvision NVR .. a startech POE switch and a netgear POE switch I have.. none of them will power this one up on it's own. I made my own network cables when I built that system and tested them all for crossed and shorts. It just seems that somehow the POE power side of the camera is dead. It worked for a couple days on the original setup and I went back a couple nights later and the one camera was dead which is what I have here now. So maybe it's just factory flawed /shrug. I can run it np with a PSU on it.. just not over POE. Maybe time for warranty on it ?
How long is the cable you were testing with? Did you wire it to the 568 standard? Is it quality copper cable or CCA?

Craines

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya that's an odd one to me. I've ran into this issue with non-matching brands connecting to the NVR directly and not getting PoE but they at least would still work directly connected to a PoE switch. You've already test another cable, and it's a solid core, so the fact that it just went dead but will power up with AC points to the the PoE on the camera being dead, but again, could be something not tried yet.

Saracen

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just had to change the cable to an outside camera as water had seeped into the RJ45 connector and burnt the power pins.

Fortunately the end of the fly lead took the brunt, so I'm hopeful a new lead and a quick polish of the camera RJ45 socket pins should get it back into operation.

Mocard

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried 3 different cables .. and two cameras.. the 1.3mp camera works fine on the same lines and same port on the NVR.. it's got to be the camera.