HikVision 2CD2042WD Web Interface Not Responsive

Jayme

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a range of HikVision cameras (2CD2332,2CD2342WD,2CD2032,2CD2042WD,2CD2132,2CD2432F), all running the latest firmware (v5.4.5). One of the cameras that I recently purchashed (2CD2042WD) appears to be having issues and wanted to get some input, before attempting to replace it.

Symptoms...
All I can tell is that the web interface becomes not responsive, or extremely slow. Actually, the web inteface becomes not usable.

Reboot: Rebooting or power cycle does not appear to help.
Default: After a reset to defaults, it appears to start working again, but the issue soon appears again.

This is one of the newer 4MP cameras, but I have another cam like it and it has no issues.

Question? Is there anyway to enable a ssh interface to these cams?

Regards....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All I can tell is that the web interface becomes not responsive, or extremely slow. Actually, the web inteface becomes not usable.
My bet would be a network cabling issue.
How is it powered / what's the cable length / how was the cable terminated and tested / to what wiring scheme / what's the camera hooked up to and can you check error counts on the interface?

Jayme

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much... I didn't think to go there since it was "somewhat" working.
I'm using these inexpensive NetGear GS108PEv3 POE switches. The switches provide some Port Statistics and a Cable Tester utility... I checked this camera's port and both show errors!!! The Port Statistics displays CRC Error Packets and the Cable Tester shows CrossTalk error. Again, thanks for the input!!! I will get this worked out and I'm assuming all will be good.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Cable Tester shows CrossTalk error.
That sounds like the cable is miswired.
If any signals are not on the twisted pairs (ie the wiring scheme does not conform to the standard) it's amazing that anything can be transmitted.