Hikvision 2CD2T32-I5 w/ firmware 5.3.0. build 151016 and NAS issue

inet22

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got a new Hikvision 2CD2T32-I5 IP camera. Firmware version shows 5.3.0. build 151016

Everything seems to work fine, except when I format the NAS drive. NAS passes the test. The drive format completes, but it never goes online. I cant record to it and if you look again the drive say's is not initialized.

I have seem many post about this issue and even some patches for different firmware versions, however I have firmware version 5.3.0. build 151016. That version does not even show up on the official site for Hikvision. That has me wondering if I have an unofficial version. The camera came in the red and with box. It has CCWR in the serial number. So I am just not sure.

Does anyone know how to solve the NAS issue on this firmware build or know if I can change the firmware safely to a release that will work?

inet22

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like form the post's I have read, I am going to stuck with 300GB or less usb drive for the NAS drive. Then I will need to copy the files off of that drive to a larger one.

I am stilled concerned by this firmware build of 5.3.0. build 151016 as this firmware does not match the firmware (5.3.0 build 150315) on the official site for hikvision.