Hikvision 2CDxxx2 Firmware V5.1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am reading the posts here, and a little frightened to flash my camera's as I cant really determine the correct files and sequence to use. I have a bunch of camera I got from Nellys quite some time ago, with V5.1 firmware still on them. They are all on a isolated network so secure by air gap, with no DVR in the mix - just a linux host offering NFS storage.

The Devices I have are reported as
upload_2018-3-16_11-55-0.png

3 x DS-2CD2032-I with Firmware V5.1.0build 121202 and V5.1.2Build 140116
1 X DS-2CD2432F-IW with Firmware V5.1.0build 131202
5 x DS-2CD3332-I with Firmware V5.1.2build 140116

I would like to update these to the latest safe version; but seeing downgraders, etc I am not sure what to do - I also see that thier is CH in MOST of the serial number's but not all; though all cameras were purchased on the same day!

Any guidance, links, etc appreciated; I have looked but since my firmware is so old, i don't really know where to begin. I am technical, so no worries about hosting TFTP. Editing Files, etc.

thanks
Damian

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Damian,
These are all R0 series cameras, for which the latest firmware can be found here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
I would like to update these to the latest safe version
The 5.4.5 firmware looks likely to be the last for R0, and has had the 'Hikvision backdoor' vulnerability fixed.

I also see that thier is CH in MOST of the serial number's but not all; though all cameras were purchased on the same day!
Your cameras with CCCH in the serial number are likely to be China market cameras, that would go into a 'bricked' state if you tried to update to firmware 5.3.0 or higher.
The CCWR cameras are likely to be 'World Region' and be updateable.

For R0 cameras, bricked or not, there is a method where they can be converted into English/upgradeable and updated to the 5.4.5 firmware.
It does involve some (quite a lot I suppose) reading and some work with a hex editor, but is script-assisted and has been successfully used by many.

The method and guides are described in the post here and the attachments:
There is also a YouTube video of a sample activity.
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

If you do decide to try this - just do it on one first, and take advantage of the fact that they are still working to verify the devType value in the prtHardInfo command.
And take care to keep the copies of the extracted files, labelled per camera.
Good luck!

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As to your question of sequence, I just got done upgrading my 2032's (CCWR) with the same 5.1 firmware as you. To upgrade to the latest, you need to go sequentially: 5.2.0 first, then 5.3.0, then 5.4.0, then 5.4.5.

Note, this is only for the WR models. Follow @alastairstevenson 's post for info on the CH ones.. I have no experience there.