Hikvision 4MP Cameras but no NVR

congee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums here and trying to research on my setup for a new install. I thought I was going to standardize on Hikvision 4MP Cameras (at least 6 for the outdoor perimeter, and 4 indoor) but when I was looking at the Hikvision NVRs, I noticed that none of them record in 4MP. For the plug-and-play ones, they either record in 5MP or 3MP (and lower). So my question is why would I ever buy a 4MP Hikvision if I was to buy a compatible NVR with it?? Why not just get a 2MP from the Value Plus series? Night/Dark recording will be important for me.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums here and trying to research on my setup for a new install. I thought I was going to standardize on Hikvision 4MP Cameras (at least 6 for the outdoor perimeter, and 4 indoor) but when I was looking at the Hikvision NVRs, I noticed that none of them record in 4MP. For the plug-and-play ones, they either record in 5MP or 3MP (and lower). So my question is why would I ever buy a 4MP Hikvision if I was to buy a compatible NVR with it?? Why not just get a 2MP from the Value Plus series? Night/Dark recording will be important for me.

thanks!
They can record 4mp as well. If night vision is important you are better off with a native 2mp camera anyway.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
7608ni-e2 is the one I have doesn't list 4MP but it recorded my 4MP Hik domes when I had them.