Hikvision 5.2.5 Motion Detection Issue Night time DS-2CD2432F (IW) and maybe others

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone please help confirm my issue. I should disclose I'm new to cameras but an experienced IT guy and this looks like a software issue.
This is a camera shipped from China with 5.2.5.

I am really hoping I dont have this issue with my DS-2CD2132F-IS which will be mounted outside AND have the IR ON as its not through the window.

I get constant car movement email for Motion Detection at NIGHT TIME for an area of the screen that does not have a Detection window (red).
Every email sent show a car with lights on at the top of the screen going down the road at night time.
THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN DURING THE DAY, which is leading me to believe its a software error associated with the night cut filter when it moves to the black and white image.

My picture consists of my driveway at the bottom of screen view, and at the top of the screen is a road which I dont include in the detection area.

In Motion Detection Normal, I've set sensitivity about 40. \
ALSO I HAVE DISABLED THE IR LED as this camera looks through a window but there is sufficient light with another Camera IR and the street light.

As I said I get no abnormal motion detections from the road during the day which leads me to believe the Motion Detection Filter Screen area is working during the color portion of the day.

As soon as this thing flicks over to night I get every car passing the driveway even though the red square motion area isnt even over the road?

I've tried expert mode, with:

- No Motion Detect in the road area - no difference still a ton of emails when cars go by
- A Motion Detection area for day and night for the road set to sensitivity 1 and object proportion 100 - still a ton of emails.

Its really annoying as I want to be notified when someone is on my property.

Can anyone else confirm this as a software bug.

Is there any fix for this??

Also I'm a bit weary about the Chinese Cameras serial and upgrading.

cheers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision 5.2.5 Motion Detection Issue Night time DS-2CD2432F (IW) and maybe othe

@tradertim Its not a bug...are the car lights shining into the area of the image that is set for motion detection? Pixel based motion will always generate these types of false alarms...

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision 5.2.5 Motion Detection Issue Night time DS-2CD2432F (IW) and maybe othe

@tradertim Its not a bug...are the car lights shining into the area of the image that is set for motion detection? Pixel based motion will always generate these types of false alarms...
Hi good suggestion but no.

My drive looking at the picture runs bottom of the screen to the 3/4 up the top of the screen. I have motion detection (red box) set for that area.

The road runs at the top of the screen left to right . that has no red box on it, and the car lights shine left to right , with no cars light showing that I can see in the detectable area of the driveway .

It was a good suggestion, but I dont think it is that - but I will still keep it in mind. I've attached a photo below of a triggered email so you can see.

I have a red detection zone 3/4 up the driveway, and none on the road.

Dont worry about the photo being a bit ropey as its interim through the glass window, and looks fine during the day.

I dont get detections from cars during the daylight which made me think it was a software error.

What are your thoughts?

I have tried setting the road as a red detection area with 1 sensitivity and 100 proportion and it still triggers.

Maybe it comes back to what you suggest but visually I hardly see any light coming into the driveway detection area.
I can post the detection areas if useful.

cheers thanks alot.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

That image is pretty bad...because the ir on the camera is not strong enough or its off completely and the camera is facing out a window.....you will need to post a video of the motion occurring so we can see what is happening to the image...
As for as the image itself, try setting the noise reduction to 100 and turn off wdr or keep it below 10..

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hi thanks. Yes the IR is off as its through the window. Yes its an interim stage until I get the outside camera mounted and setup. I will try to get a video off the Camera so you can see the event. I wil try those image suggestions.

My detection zone is in line with the neighbors shed you can see on the right, so not sure whether the car lights are triggering into my detection zone or not. Its a good suggestion for sure to be mindful of. I will try to get the video.

cheers

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I think you might be onto something re the car lights changing pixel detected into the detection area further up my driveway.

I've got a video but cant seem to find it on my computer.

I've got the "local configuration" on the camera set to the desktop for the file destinations for every option but when i download the file from PLAYBACK , after searching the recordings and finding one, it says downloading & downloaded but its not there at my computer. I dont know what else to set.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

IE in Windows is likely storing the extracts in a 'virtualised location' than can be quite hard to find, and impossible to remember for later.
It should be possible to find where these have been stored if you search starting at the top of your 'User' folder for files like *.mp4, but you need to have set the 'Tools | Folder options | View tab' to show hidden files and folders, and ideally untick 'hide extensions for know files'.