Hikvision 7604 NVR only displaying 4:3?

Reaction score
I have my new NVR and camera hooked up and have the NVR outputting to my TV via HDMI, however, it's only outputting 4:3? I don't know if it's an issue with the camera or NVR. I've scoured the settings, but can't find any way to change output resolution. Please help

Reaction score
Nevermind. Dug around a bunch of settings and found it. This hikvision 2342 is amazing

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2342WD-I? IMO it provides very nice images when there is sufficient ambient lighting available, but in the dark -- with just its own built-in IR -- not so good imo. :(

Reaction score
The DS-2CD2342WD-I? IMO it provides very nice images when there is sufficient ambient lighting available, but in the dark -- with just its own built-in IR -- not so good imo. :(
I have only tested in the day so far. Literally set it up twenty minutes ago. I may get some led infrared panels to use at night instead of the built in led if it doesn't suit my needs. Funny you didn't like the quality, it seems to be the best bang for your buck camera this forum from what I've seen people recommending.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have only tested in the day so far. Literally set it up twenty minutes ago. I may get some led infrared panels to use at night instead of the built in led if it doesn't suit my needs. Funny you didn't like the quality, it seems to be the best bang for your buck camera this forum from what I've seen people recommending.
Its an excellent camera. Its reliable and provides a good image at night when there is a bit of additional lighting or indoors where the IR can reflect better. There are cameras in the same price range that provide better night image but they have not been proven reliable.

Reaction score
Its an excellent camera. Its reliable and provides a good image at night when there is a bit of additional lighting or indoors where the IR can reflect better. There are cameras in the same price range that provide better night image but they have not been proven reliable.
Could you mention which ones? Also, I've seen it at night now and I think it will work nicely. The only thing is license plates that drive buy reflect way too much ir and I can't read any of the numbers and letters on them. Just a shining box. That won't help for identification.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you mention which ones? Also, I've seen it at night now and I think it will work nicely. The only thing is license plates that drive buy reflect way too much ir and I can't read any of the numbers and letters on them. Just a shining box. That won't help for identification.
See the longse and huisun threads...The huisun has been proven unreliable.
No camera using IR will pickup license plates unless its dedicated to the task...search the forum for lpr and license ...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2342WD-I still amazing compared to the usual crap lots of people are buying or being supplied by professional installers.

Reaction score
DS-2CD2342WD-I still amazing compared to the usual crap lots of people are buying or being supplied by professional installers.
This. When i joined this forum it was too get opinions on an HD analog system at Costco. Sure, it was a complete plug and play set, and would've been super easy to setup and use, but I am infinitely happier I took the advise of forum members and got ip cams. I had to buy stuff piecemeal and it's been a massive learning curve figuring out how to work everything, but the quality, to me, is amazing.