Hikvision 7604

Reaction score
Recently installed a Hikvision 7604 with 3 3mp 2332 turret cameras. View and playback is great from the unit but severely lags when viewing over the network. Have never worked with this unit so wanted to know if there were any settings to look at to eliminate this problem.
Thanks
Tom

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when viewing over the network
How are you accessing the NVR? Windows PC / laptop / Mac etc?
What speed of router/switch port is the NVR LAN connection wired to?
A wired or a WiFi connection from the viewing device?
If WiFi, try a wired connection on a temporary basis and see if that makes a difference.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! Accessing the NVR locally on their network via browser o windows 7 pc...everything onsite is poe gig switches. Hikvision said to check the firmware of the unit and to try choosing the substream to display. Never worked on one of these before so trying to find my way

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one 2CD2332 connected on the POE switch of a 7604NI/SEP. The LAN port of the NVR is connected on a 100Mbps switch and that is connected on TPLink WD901 WIFI repeater which connects wirelessly to my main Fritz router. The router is then connected to a Giga switch which serves all my computers. The camera is conigured to 8Mbps capture rate. Despite the WIFI bridge, the live and the playback stream of the 8Mbps cameras fairly fluent with no serious problems. What I have not found is to change the playback stream. I believe it does not exist since the NVR records only the high rate (Live) stream. The requirmen would be the NVR to transcode the high rate stream to a lower bit rate stream (say down to 700kbps) in order to be able for this stream to be streamed over the slow upload channel of an ADSL line i.e. over the WAN connection. But then this imlementation would require additional processing chips in the NVR.