Hikvision 7608NI disappeared from network / remote viewing

revriest

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light on my issue.

So I had my hikvision nvr and 4 IP cams setup and worked perfectly fine locally and also over the internet via ivms fine.
A few days ago, ivms seemed really laggy. Like the cams were not smooth and would only update the picture every couple minutes or so. It still worked fine on the ipad though.
The a day or so later it has stopped working altogether for remote viewing via the ivms app.

Troubleshooting I've tried:
-Tried re-entering network information (ip/gateway/dns) and nothing seems to work
-Ports all forwarded correctly
-Default restore
-DHCP on (this doesn't give me an IP address at all when I turn it on)

Test emails don't work. EasyDNS connect doesn't work. Nothing seems to work.
Another thing I have noticed is my router is not showing the nvr as connected at all.
When I go to my routers DHCP clients, I can't see the nvr show up there at all. So I'm suspecting this is what's causing my troubles but I just can't seem to fix it no matter when I try.

Anyone have any ideas at all?
Cheers.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
sounds like a cable issue from NVR to router, failing that the internal nic might have gone bye bye or the port your nvr is plugged into on the router may have gone bad, unusual but logical with the issue you have

If your router cannot see the NVR that would be the logical issues

revriest

n3wb
Reaction score
Should have mentioned I've also tried a different network cable and different ports on the router.
The thing is when I plug the nvr into the router, the lights at the front indicate that something is plugged in and it's flashing as normal. I just can't seem to get any net connection at all like I used to.
The nvr is only about 2 weeks old.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you provide screen shot of nvr settings?
dhcp should be off.
first step power cycle router and nvr.
can you see the nvr and cameras on the network using SADP?
have you updated firmware recently?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I go to my routers DHCP clients, I can't see the nvr show up there at all. So I'm suspecting this is what's causing my troubles but I just can't seem to fix it no matter when I try.
Unless you are using 'DHCP reservations' where you pre-allocate an IP address based on the MAC address of the device - using DHCP on the NVR is likely to be a bit confusing and unpredictable.
Although in general the same IP address as previously issued will be re-issued on a renewal, this is not guaranteed, especially of there has been a power-down or reboot of either the NVR or router.
Much better to have a predictable IP address either by setting a static value, or by creating a DHCP reservation.

However - that aside - the Hikvision SADP tool is very good at finding devices on the same wired network as the PC, but perhaps on a different IP segment.
As you haven't mentioned it - perhaps you are not using it.
V3.x can be downloaded from here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html

revriest

n3wb
Reaction score
Have power cycled both router and nvr. Haven't updated firmware just yet.
Have tried SADP but it's not finding anything and they're definitely both connected to the same network.
Another thing is if I turn on DHCP on the nvr, I don't get an ip address at all whereas before I would get one. Nothing has changed in my network for it to stop working like this that I can figure out.

revriest

n3wb
Reaction score
FIXED!

I thought powercycling the nvr via a reset would be enough.
Turns out, turning off the machine from the back, then back on fixed the problem.
Up and running again.

Thanks everyone!