Hikvision 7608NI E2 not upgradeabke

ruggz72

n3wb
Reaction score

[http://www]

I have been trying to upgrade my firmware as it is miles out of date and I am on the old HiDDNS service, currently running Firmware 3.3.4.

I tried upgrading via webgui to no avail, then tried with the sole .dav file on usb via the NVR, again no joy and finally via IVMS4200. I am only trying to upgrade to version 3.4.0, as I have been told I need to do one upgrade at a time. I have also tried a factory rset to factory defaults, inactive default via the NVR and nothing and have also tried reset all via IVMS4200. On all occassions the NVR shows the bar, it moves across and then reboots, only to show the original firmware version.

I have noticed in the devices in IVMS that it shows not upgradeable for the firmware version.

Is there a hard reset I can do to the NVR or am I missing something totally.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried upgrading via webgui to no avail, then tried with the sole .dav file on usb via the NVR, again no joy and finally via IVMS4200.
You have not specified where you sourced the updated firmware from.
That may be the cause of the problem if it is not the right choice for the device.
For DS-7608NI-E2 you can find suitable firmware here :
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
And here, the second entry under Plug and Play NVR :
NVR
And here on Page 5, E-series :
Firmware - Hikvision UK & Ireland

ruggz72

n3wb
Reaction score
All of the downloads i have got are from the hikvision europe site for the 7608 E1 A (E2) support tood me they are the correct versions after checking my serial number and said to do one upgrade at a time and work through them untul I am up to date. IVMS 4200 shows the firmware is not upgradeabke which support had never heard of......im wondering if its bricked and therefore just been trying tftp via lan....it showed transfer complete and the nvr beeped and rebooted but no change.

ruggz72

n3wb
Reaction score
Might try via rs 232 next as dunno what to do now.

ruggz72

n3wb
Reaction score
If i return to hikvision will they still update it as it less than 3 yrs old but i cant find receipt from the original security company?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
.im wondering if its bricked
It's not bricked if you still have access to the web GUI and the VGA/HDMI interface and they are working.
Bricked is when it appears dead or unusable.

A dumb question, for which apologies - presumably you did unzip the downloaded firmware file to extract the needed digicap.dav file?

ruggz72

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah all files have been extracted and stored in their own subfolder so i can determine which version each one is.