Hikvision 7608ni-e2/p motion detection expert mode

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi could anyone give me advise? Basically I am using expert mode on my Hikvision ds-2cd2032-I cameras. This will help limit areas of high movement such as trees etc.

On my nvr ds7608ni-e2/pthere is no option for expert mode under motion detection. So I was wondering if I setup expert mode on the camera, will the settings be sent through to the recorder?

Thanks
sam

pila

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not use such a recorder, but the principle is the same

Recorder does not decide anything. It only obeys. If Camera has Motion alert and triggers recording, it will be recorded. Recorder has no clue as to why camera decided to triger motion alert.

But depending on the recorder, different things might be needed to be triggered on the camera by Motion alert to triger a recording.

1. My NAS will record (using its own program) when "Notify surv. center" is trigered.
2. tinyCam Pro on my Android monitor will react to motion only when Alarm is triggered by it, But, this program has also its own Motion Alert (working terribly).
3. my camera will record on its own when Trigger Channel is activated.

I do have all 3 systems working at the same time.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
2. tinyCam Pro on my Android monitor will react to motion only when Alarm is triggered by it, But, this program has also its own Motion Alert (working terribly).
I'm planning to redesign in-app motion detection in tinyCam Monitor PRO. Which kind of issues do you have with current motion detector in the app? False alarms? Missed alarms? Do you have indoor or outdoor cameras?

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did setup the cameras to use expert mode and on the NVR motion detection was enabled but no area was selected. As the camera would do the detection, also there is no option on the NVR for expert mode. So I did not select any area on the recorder just left it blank. Now when something moved to trigger an event nothing happened.

So im puzzled as to why it did not record when the cameras were setup with expert mode with areas setup, but works when normal mode is selected.