Hikvision 7616-E2 8P - won't power on?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just received this unit last week from Ali. Got around to plugging it in today. Used an old 500gb hard drive I had lying around and plugged the data and power cables into it from the NVR.

Plugged it into a monitor, then turned on the 7616.

The fan on the unit turns on, but that's it. No power led light on the front, and I get no signal to my monitor.

Is it simply DOA (which I'm sure is going to be a pain but I guess a pitfall of buying off Ali), or am I missing some simple step?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That does not sound good.
Presumably you've removed the HDD and checked what happens without it.
Do you have the red LED lit next to the SATA connectors?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you check the internal power connector from the PSU? Sometimes they're not fully seated.

If you have a multimeter or test light you coudl check to see if powers actually coming out of the PSU on the yellow and black wires.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just received this unit last week from Ali. Got around to plugging it in today. Used an old 500gb hard drive I had lying around and plugged the data and power cables into it from the NVR.

Plugged it into a monitor, then turned on the 7616.

The fan on the unit turns on, but that's it. No power led light on the front, and I get no signal to my monitor.

Is it simply DOA (which I'm sure is going to be a pain but I guess a pitfall of buying off Ali), or am I missing some simple step?

Thanks!
First thing
See if it responds to pings

And the sequence of pings if it does

This could indicate its in a boot loop

If it responds to pings then that's good I believe the default up will be 192.0.0.64 if it's newer they changed the default up I believe but can't remember what it is of the top of my head

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That does not sound good.
Presumably you've removed the HDD and checked what happens without it.
Do you have the red LED lit next to the SATA connectors?
You are a Genius my friend. Unplugging the hard drive gets it to power on.

But why would that be? Hard drive is an old Seagate Momentus 7200.4, hybrid drive.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fascinating. Definitely the hard drive as I just slipped it into my laptop and my laptop wouldn't power on either with that drive inserted.

Never experienced that before! Guess I will have to wait for my WD Purple to come in this week.