Hikvision and Louroe

Reaction score
We purchased cameras DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS and microphones LE-770. We were told the microphones would plug into the audio in jack on the cameras and would NOT need external power. We hooked it all up to test and we weren't hearing any audio. We also noticed that the audio input dropdown in the camera GUI only lets you select "line in". There is no "mic in" option available. So either the microphones won't work with these cameras and we do need external power, or the firmware for these cameras are missing the "mic in" audio input option. Has anyone ran into this, or have any clue what's going on? We are in a pinch and just trying to get audio to work before installing.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Line-in is expecting to see an audio signal around 1V. This microphone is not powered so it has an audio signal of only a few thousandths of a volt. This microphone spec sheet states that it is mic level output.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Line-in is expecting to see an audio signal around 1V. This microphone is not powered so it has an audio signal of only a few thousandths of a volt. This microphone spec sheet states that it is mic level output.
So basically we need to get a line level mic with external power instead of the ones when have, correct?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could it be the mic? If I remember the specs for the other mic said something about 15 feet.

Reaction score
Could it be the mic? If I remember the specs for the other mic said something about 15 feet.
Don't think so. We were quoted the line level mic with a small power supply. Louroe is telling us we should get the interface adapter because it has a gain control on it. That may be our ticket to hear the audio better. These are the items we have:

Verifact® A - Louroe Electronics
https://www.anixter.com/en_us/products/PSMINI4C5AUL/NORTHERN-VIDEO/Video-Accessories/p/CS102417

Louroe is saying we should get this instead of the Northern power supply:
IF-2 - Louroe Electronics