Hikvision and Raspberry - Live Stream

hedemann

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

First I am a novice in this world so bear with me if there is anything obvious I do not understand :)

In relation to project on a remote location which I connect to using a 3G modem I need to get a HikVision DS-2CD2642FWD-I to work with a Raspberry computer. I can connect to the camera from the Raspberry but it is the live stream that is making troubles.

It seems to be a issues with a plug-in for the video in the browser in raspberry.

The Raspberry are are installed with Raspbian, but I'm willing to change OS as long at it supports Teamviewer.

Is there anyone who has experience with that?

Can it be don with any other OS on RB?

If it is not possible to get Raspberry to show live streaming, are there any other small computers that can?
My complete project need to be placed in a small box 15x15x15cm- so I dont have a lot of space to large computers.

Looking forward to hear from you :)

Kind regards

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which Software did you Install on the Raspberry.
It should Work this zoneminder.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Raspberry pi can run a program called omxplayer which does hardware-accelerated video decoding and can handle 1920x1080 H.264 streams easily. It is just a very basic video player though; for anything more than live video you'll need something different.

hedemann

n3wb
Reaction score
Which Software did you Install on the Raspberry.
It should Work this zoneminder.
I use a Raspberry with Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 \n \l Version 9.1 and just call the build in webserver on the camera.

Need to be able to controll the scoop of the camera from a remote site using the PTZ. Can I do that from the zoneminder?

hedemann

n3wb
Reaction score
Try motioneye or better yet, motioneyeos. I've used zoneminder for this, but a pi isn't fast enough.
Need to be able to controll the scoop of the camera from a remote site using the PTZ. Can I do that from the zoneminder?

hedemann

n3wb
Reaction score
Raspberry pi can run a program called omxplayer which does hardware-accelerated video decoding and can handle 1920x1080 H.264 streams easily. It is just a very basic video player though; for anything more than live video you'll need something different.