hikvision and reolink ip camera enable motion

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have a hikvision ds 7600 series nvr. I have connected my reolink ip camera by onvif. I can view the live feed but cant get motion to work. I have checked with the onvif device manager and there is events when motion is detected. Does anyone have any help for me?

thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any help for me?
It would really help anyone to provide suggestions if you gave some indication of what you have actually configured in the NVR for motion recording.
Sorry to be blunt, but without that - it's just guesswork.
Put yourself in the place of the reader.

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, thanks for the reply. I have configured continuous motion. Marked out the area and played around with the sensitivity but nothing will set it off.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, that's clear.
Check the 'Linkage method' under Event has the correct trigger channel ticked.
In Storage | Schedule Settings, Try Motion | Alarm for the recording type (That's Motion OR Alarm).

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by linkage but here is a pic. Also a pic of the Schedule Settings

Attachments

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
ive just seen I had it just as motion so I changed it. just waiting for a car to go pass to test......

no it still didn't work.

Attachments

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried that and it still doesn't work. beginning to think they are not compatible

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try bump up sensitivities. I checked against my Hikvision set up and its spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you have set the camera to ONVIF protocol yeh?

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I have it set up with onvif. On the sensitivity what value is the most sensitive 100 or 0.

Thanks

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when watching it live, if the motion is getting set off you should see a yellow alarm bell on the screen

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will not be surprised if it will not MD record.

I do not own a Hik recorder, but I've read its online manual and it says that with third-party cams, regular recording will work but not with MD.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it says that with third-party cams, regular recording will work but not with MD.
That's not so - if the 3rd party camera supports ONVIF event notoification, motion detection recording should work OK with an NVR.
Right now I have a couple of Longse cameras connected as ONVIF and on one NVR it's motion detection only that's being used, it works OK.
And I've done this also with other brand 3rd party cameras since removed.

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
OK guys I need help. I have replaced the reolink with a hikvision camera and it still won't record motion. Any ideas

gareth

n3wb
Reaction score
Update. I restored box to factory settings and set it up and it works. Also I had confirmation that the reolink camera will work with motion too, I will test it later. Many thanks for your help.

Reaction score
I have the Reolink camera and Hikvision NVR it's getting "The camera does not support the function." for motion detection.

I've tried resetting both to default factory. Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Reolink camera and Hikvision NVR it's getting "The camera does not support the function." for motion detection.

I've tried resetting both to default factory. Any suggestions?
That simply means that the NVR cannot command the camera to configure that function, due to lack of a common 'command and control' protocol.
The solution is to configure the camera directly, via its web GUI.

Reaction score
I also have a Dahua and it's able to detect motion and record the same Reolink camera but not the Hikvision. It's using ONVIF port 8000 but I see it has RTSP 554.