Hikvision Aspect Ration

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the following correct please.

Hikvision 2Mp cameras display with a aspect ratio 4:3
Hikvision 3Mp cameras display with a aspect ratio 16:9

Both cameras are 1080p but as the 3mp camera covers more of the screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio this is where the extra pixels are.

What aspect ratio do Hikvision 4Mp, 5Mp & 8Mp use please?

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the following correct please.

Hikvision 2Mp cameras display with a aspect ratio 4:3
Hikvision 3Mp cameras display with a aspect ratio 16:9

Both cameras are 1080p but as the 3mp camera covers more of the screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio this is where the extra pixels are.

What aspect ratio do Hikvision 4Mp, 5Mp & 8Mp use please?

Thank you.
just divide the resolution...
16/9 is 1.77
1920/1080 is 1.77
try the others...

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As per usual I expect you to do some work...it's accurate...do some math..
The match is simple to understand. The result of 1.77 what does that mean? Not exactly an answer to the original question.

Please do not bother to reply.

Bokeh

n3wb
Reaction score
The match is simple to understand. The result of 1.77 what does that mean? Not exactly an answer to the original question.

that's the slower way.

basically its simplifying fractions to get the aspect ratio

what that user was suggesting is that if you divide 16 by 9 you get 1.7, so any resolution that you divide width by height for that results in 1.77 (1920/1080) would also be 16:9, so then you would also have to divide 4 by 3 and get 1.33, so any resolution you divide that results in 1.33 would also be 4:3 aspect ratio.

Reactions: RBW

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

1) dont tell me what to do on my forum.
2) if you are too dumb to understand, ask for more detail, dont insult someone for providing information...that is not how it works here.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) dont tell me what to do on my forum.
2) if you are too dumb to understand, ask for more detail, dont insult someone for providing information...that is not how it works here.
wow, just wow.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that's the slower way.

basically its simplifying fractions to get the aspect ratio

what that user was suggesting is that if you divide 16 by 9 you get 1.7, so any resolution that you divide width by height for that results in 1.77 (1920/1080) would also be 16:9, so then you would also have to divide 4 by 3 and get 1.33, so any resolution you divide that results in 1.33 would also be 4:3 aspect ratio.
That's great thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
wow, just wow.
You can dish it out like an asshole with your snarky remarks, but cant believe I responded in kind? I owe you nothing. What the hell did you expect the response to "As per usual your answer is vague" to be?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can dish it out like an asshole with your snarky remarks, but cant believe I responded in kind? I owe you nothing. What the hell did you expect the response to "As per usual your answer is vague" to be?
It's ok Bokeh has explained fully. I struggled to understand but with a little guidance I now do understand. Not sure why you've called me an asshole.

Thank you for putting me on the right track on your forum.

The reason for the original question is that I thought that a 3Mp image was larger than a 2Mp I.e different aspect ratio. The same pixels per inch but bigger image. Still not sure where the extra pixels are though. May of been dumb of me not to know this.

However with your calculations it seems it is not. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's ok Bokeh has explained fully. I struggled to understand but with a little guidance I now do understand. Not sure why you've called me an asshole.

Thank you for putting me on the right track on your forum.

The reason for the original question is that I thought that a 3Mp image was larger than a 2Mp I.e different aspect ratio. The same pixels per inch but bigger image. Still not sure where the extra pixels are though. May of been dumb of me not to know this.

However with your calculations it seems it is not. Thank you.
WRONG...with my calculations you will see that the 3mp is not 16:9...
You were called an asshole because you are one....you insult me then are surprised that I shoved it back in your face.

Reactions: RBW

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WRONG...with my calculations you will see that the 3mp is not 16:9...
You were called an asshole because you are one....you insult me then are surprised that I shoved it back in your face.
OK i get this now :lol: it's been a long day.