Hikvision Bullet-Cams - "The Network is Unreachable"

ascender

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a bit of help with this one which is doing my head in!

I have four DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras cabled with CAT6 in to a DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A. For a while it was all working fine. Then one of the cameras dropped and then the other. Two cameras are now working fine, two are not.

I've swapped the cameras in to different ports and the same two come back up straight away.

I have reset the NVR and cameras and done firmware upgrades on them all. I have had the NVR and cameras tested with someone else's system and had a cabling firm round to test the structured cabling. I have also had the NVR and one camera tested by the firm who sold it to me who've been really helpful.

On the camera screen, the status of the two which are down is "The Network is Unreachable".

I (think) I've tested all of the individual components and proven them to work, but when i put them together, I just can't get these two cameras to come up.

Any idea what else I could have missed please?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What IP addresses show on the NVR web GUI (camera management) for the channels that the problem cameras are plugged in to?
What IP addresses show for the 2 good cameras?

Suggestion to get a liittle more info on what's happening:
If you don't have it already, install the indispensable SADP on your PC (Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.).
Connect the PC ethernet cable to an NVR PoE port that one of the working cameras is connected to.
No need to change the IP address of the PC.
What all does SADP show?
As a minimum, expect to see the remaining good camera, the NVR via it's PoE interface, and hopefully something about the troublesome cameras.