HIKVision Cam with Motion Detection DVR?

dancepants

n3wb
Reaction score
For these HIKVision cams, model DS-2CD2432F, how would we be able to use Motion Detection? I've already read a how-to pdf about how to select the option in the cam. But we were told that in order for these cams to actually use Motion Detection, we would need a DVR software to be able to record AND use Motion Detection. Is this true?

If so, does anyone know what DVR program we would use in order to record and a use Motion Detection on several cams that we have? We are using HIKVision DS-2CD2432F models. Much thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For these HIKVision cams, model DS-2CD2432F, how would we be able to use Motion Detection? I've already read a how-to pdf about how to select the option in the cam. But we were told that in order for these cams to actually use Motion Detection, we would need a DVR software to be able to record AND use Motion Detection. Is this true?

If so, does anyone know what DVR program we would use in order to record and a use Motion Detection on several cams that we have? We are using HIKVision DS-2CD2432F models. Much thanks!
You can record direct to the sd card in the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention to record remotely and not locally. Or is it the same? Thanks again!
You need to be more clear about how you want to record remotely?
What is your true objective....its easier if you tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to accomplish..