Hikvision Camera Availability

joe6602

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It's been about three years since I purchased my last Hikvision camera. It seems that both of the vendors I did business with are no longer in business. Does anyone have a source for Hikvision cameras?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it cheaper to buy Chinese market cameras? I don't care if they are hacked or still Chinese as primarily I'm quite liking playing with mine and fancy trying a few different Hikvision ranges.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to know who everyone else uses.
For Dahua, the forum has a very trusted reseller that’s also a member - Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY. He’s sold thousands of cameras (worldwide) to forum members here over the past few years. He warranties them and has become known for his great service and support. He sells on AliExpress, Amazon (US) and direct — you can email him or start a forum Conversation (PM) and he’ll invoice via PayPal.

He’s recently started to carry some Hikvision models. Might be worth giving him a shout to see if he can get any future model you’re looking for. He has his own subforum in the Vendors forum area here.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it cheaper to buy Chinese market cameras? I don't care if they are hacked or still Chinese as primarily I'm quite liking playing with mine and fancy trying a few different Hikvision ranges.
Yes significantly cheaper. Especially if you dont care if they are OEM or Chineese version for play.
For Dahua, the forum has a very trusted reseller that’s also a member - Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY. He’s sold thousands of cameras (worldwide) to forum members here over the past few years. He warranties them and has become known for his great service and support. He sells on AliExpress, Amazon (US) and direct — you can email him or start a forum Conversation (PM) and he’ll invoice via PayPal.

He’s recently started to carry some Hikvision models. Might be worth giving him a shout to see if he can get any future model you’re looking for. He has his own subforum in the Vendors forum area here.
I have spoken to Andy and have looked over all of his websites and he carries, last I checked, less than 10 Hikvisions. He said he would be interested in the idea of selling more if there was as large of a market as he has for Dahua. I would also love to give my business to @EMPIRETECANDY

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes significantly cheaper. Especially if you dont care if they are OEM or Chineese version for play.
Yeah Chinese/OEM are fine. Is it still aliexpress? All seem (or claim) to be selling international upgradable versions which would cost more I assume. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Cheers

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Y
Yeah Chinese/OEM are fine. Is it still aliexpress? All seem (or claim) to be selling international upgradable versions which would cost more I assume. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Cheers
You can ask for the OEM Chinese version. They will provide it if it's in stock

joe6602

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. It's too bad the vendors I used before are gone. I guess maybe the tariff wars got them.

obqo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I too am in the same boat.... did you find any supplier that works for you? Most of the "better" amazon seem to be gone as well.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't really find anything where the price difference was significant. That element of the market seems to have most disappeared since the last time I was buying cameras.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision is enforcing there rules on chinese and internation cameras. If you are using an NVR or older equipment, mixing international and Chinese cameras may not work together. There have been numerous reports of problems on the forum.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently purchased a batch of about 50 4MP chinese converted turrets from a seller on eBay. I reached out to my existing sellers as well and they seemed to have gone silent.

Here was the vendor I used. Cameras work like any other. No issues working with US based NVRs (E series, K series, Q series and I series alike)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.