Hikvision Camera Firmware Upgrade Procedure

nigel901

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I've spent several hours reading hundreds of posts on how not to upgrade the Hikvision firmware and how most people manage to brick their camera. Is there a definitive guide to which firmware I need?

I think the CH in the serial number (see below) suggests my camera is a Chinese one? but the language I need is English and it's in English at the moment. If I use a Chinese firmware will I end up with the menus in Chinese? Can anyone recommend which firmware I need please, to successfully upgrade my camera and still have it in English.

Thanks
upload_2018-10-10_20-12-45.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the CH in the serial number (see below) suggests my camera is a Chinese one?
Yes, that's correct.
but the language I need is English and it's in English at the moment.
very likely 'hacked to English' firmware installed by the seller, created by their local 'engineer'.
If I use a Chinese firmware will I end up with the menus in Chinese?
Yes, most likely.
Can anyone recommend which firmware I need please, to successfully upgrade my camera and still have it in English.
What works well in situation like this is the brickfixV2 method - converts the camera into English/upgradeable.
Loads of folk have done this, and so can you.

Details here :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

nigel901

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alastair, much appreciated, I'll give it a try.
My camera is connected to a Synology Diskstation 214Play and I'm experiencing some motion blur/ghosting issues. I'm hoping that a firmware upgrade will fix the issue.