hikvision camera firmware upgrade

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys wonder if you could help me as im no tech mided ,i have 3 mini domes and a couple of turret cams set up and noticed on the last ivms update im having issues going from fluent to clear and ive read about upgrading the firmware may fix it ,my mini dome are currenty on v5.3.6 and theres a newer version v5.4.5 but i have not been able to log into my cameras ..Do i have to unplug the cameras and plug them directly into the router to gain access or can it be done with them still plugged into the nvr .thanks in advance

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive now manange to log into each camera and downloaded and unziped the new firmware but in the camera managment settings it wont let me click the browse button to direct to the file ,ive tryed firefox ,internet explorer and chrome just incase it was a plugin issue ,what browsers do you guys use to up date you cameras

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use IE version 11, and make sure you have webcomponents installed and allowed.

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thankyou all sorted but had to go through blue moon browser to get it to update

mjb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I found in a similar case is that, unlike in earlier cases, you could not update the firmware until the camera's Live View functionality worked in the browser. This required (1) that you use IE or another browser with NPAPI support and (2) you have the latest version of WebComponents installed.