Hikvision camera help

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so I was thinking of buying this camera

Hikvision DS-2CD3325-I H.265 2.0MP WDR EXIR Turret Network IP Camera with PoE/Onvif Amazon.com : Hikvision DS-2CD3325-I H.265 2.0MP WDR EXIR Turret Network IP Camera with PoE/Onvif : Camera & Photo

I wanted this one because of the 2mp and also the 1/2.7 sensor,my understanding is that this should have better image quality then a hikvision with a 1/3 sensor is that right ? Or am I not understanding this correctly. Also was hoping someone would have a video of this camera or some images, so I can get a idea of image quality. Price looks a little high on Amazon but I think their adding 20 for shipping in the price. How do you tell what year these cameras where made,all the model numbers are almost the same it gets confusing,don't really understand the model numbers. Thanks Ryan

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LTS 2MP Dome & Turret install

See the images of Front Yard and Front Door - that is the 2mp HIK Turret (LTS is just private label HIK hardware)

Ok sweet looks pretty good from your images , they are kinda small so it's hard to truly tell but look good from what I seen. Are you pretty happy with hardware and the night time viewing, I want to start looking into 2mp for night cuz what I been told on this forum is their much better at night. These are what I have now

Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Network Camera US English Version 2.8mm Amazon.com: Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Network Camera US English Version 2.8mm: Camera & Photo

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok sweet looks pretty good from your images , they are kinda small so it's hard to truly tell but look good from what I seen. Are you pretty happy with hardware and the night time viewing, I want to start looking into 2mp for night cuz what I been told on this forum is their much better at night. These are what I have now

Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Network Camera US English Version 2.8mm Amazon.com: Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret IP Network Camera US English Version 2.8mm: Camera & Photo
Did you click on the thumbnail images? They are 2700x1600 or so once you open them - full screen plus some.

Your 4mp image sensor is better then the 3mp sensor but not as good as the 2mp sensor when it comes to night/ir.

One of you main issues is your exsisting cameras are 2.8mm lens - this is a WIDE image/area and standard IR from a camera struggles to light such a wide image. If you put up 4mm lens cameras that will also help you out, but it will limit your VOF obviously. You might want to consider just putting up some additional IR emitters to help light up your exsisting cameras.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this the one you have ? Does the price seem high ?

LTS Platinum 2.1MP 1080p Matrix IR Turret IP Camera: 2.8mm, WDR, 100 ft Infrared, PoE/12v DC, IP66, Onvif, 3yr Amazon.com : LTS Platinum 2.1MP 1080p Matrix IR Turret IP Camera: 2.8mm, WDR, 100 ft Infrared, PoE/12v DC, IP66, Onvif, 3yr : Camera & Photo
The 2.8mm camera is what I have over the driveway, but the front yard and front porch are 4mm. THe only reason the 2.8 works for the driveway is the 3 driveway lights I have help light the scene.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
That price is more then if you buy from LTS direct/milkisbad

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you click on the thumbnail images? They are 2700x1600 or so once you open them - full screen plus some.

Your 4mp image sensor is better then the 3mp sensor but not as good as the 2mp sensor when it comes to night/ir.

One of you main issues is your exsisting cameras are 2.8mm lens - this is a WIDE image/area and standard IR from a camera struggles to light such a wide image. If you put up 4mm lens cameras that will also help you out, but it will limit your VOF obviously. You might want to consider just putting up some additional IR emitters to help light up your exsisting cameras.

Sorry I know I linked to the 2.8mm but I do have the 4mm

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I know I linked to the 2.8mm but I do have the 4mm
simply going to 2mp isn't going to improve your night time image enough to justify the price. It will clean it up/sharpen it some but not enough to justify a full swap out. I would look to mount some additional IR lights to improve the lighting conditions if you don't have any ambient light from porch lights, flood lights, etc.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
simply going to 2mp isn't going to improve your night time image enough to justify the price. It will clean it up/sharpen it some but not enough to justify a full swap out. I would look to mount some additional IR lights to improve the lighting conditions if you don't have any ambient light from porch lights, flood lights, etc.

I wasn't looking to replace my current 4mp cameras. I Wanted to purchase more cameras,because I have other areas of the house to monitor, so I figured I would get the 2mp instead of going with the 4mp I already have. I did add a light today and it really helped out. Problem is it's a mr beams 300 lumens and runs on batteries so who knows how long it will last.

Mr. Beams MB380 Weatherproof Wireless Battery Powered LED Ultra Bright 300 Lumen Spotlight with Motion Sensor, White, 1-Pack Amazon.com: Mr. Beams MB380 Weatherproof Wireless Battery Powered LED Ultra Bright 300 Lumen Spotlight with Motion Sensor, White, 1-Pack: Home Improvement

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So your saying that the 2mp with the 1/2.7 sensor will have better image quality at night vs my current 4mp with the 1/3 sensor. Do you think my current 4mp would have better day image then the 2mp?