Hikvision camera image adjustment

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just added a DC 2CD-2032 to my Hik NVR system. When logging into the camera through IE, adjusting the image controls has no affect on the image. It does respond to some adjustments such as auto or scheduled change, but nothing else.

I have 7 other cameras on the NVR (all connected directly to the NVR POE ports) and all respond when accessed through IE. I know I'm missing something simple here.

Last edited:

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which image controls are you adjusting?
Is this via the Virtual Host facility of the NVR?
I'm trying to adjust brightness and contrast.

Yes, it is via the Virtual Host function of NVR.

I've kind of narrowed it down to the fact it appears to be an issue with the browser as I no longer have IE. All my other cameras seem to work well with Chrome. I cannot find any browser that will work with this problem camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've kind of narrowed it down to the fact it appears to be an issue with the browser as I no longer have IE.
On the assumption that you are using Windows 10 - doesn't the MS Edge browser have an 'Open in IE mode' selection in Settings for the camera IP address?

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the assumption that you are using Windows 10 - doesn't the MS Edge browser have an 'Open in IE mode' selection in Settings for the camera IP address?
I am using Win 10, and I did not know about Edge having the open in IE mode. I tried it and it works. Thank you, I am now able to fully access the problem camera.

I know very little about IE or Edge since I use Firefox as my default browser. By the way, I had tried Blue Moon based on comments on this forum, but it did not work with the camera. Without the Edge IE mode it appears there are no other choices to use with these older cameras. Maybe a firmware update to the camera would help???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe a firmware update to the camera would help???
Sorry, there are no firmware updates for the Hikvision R0 series cameras that would make use of the newer browser websocket capabilities that make rendering video browser and plugin independent.