Hikvision camera keeps getting locked

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, 2 days ago I noticed That one of my 10 cameras was locked, tried to login but it didn’t let me, it kept saying wrong password, the rest of the Cameras were fine, so I reset the password and everything went back to normal, a few hours later the camera was locked again so I reset the password again and made a super complicated password just in case, I also deleted a few things that were enable on the camera and reset the camera by pressing the button. The camera started to work again and after a few hours it got locked again. This is the only camera that is doing this, any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, 2 days ago I noticed That one of my 10 cameras was locked, tried to login but it didn’t let me, it kept saying wrong password, the rest of the Cameras were fine, so I reset the password and everything went back to normal, a few hours later the camera was locked again so I reset the password again and made a super complicated password just in case, I also deleted a few things that were enable on the camera and reset the camera by pressing the button. The camera started to work again and after a few hours it got locked again. This is the only camera that is doing this, any suggestions?
You are being hacked. DS-CD2035-1 password changed, hacked or a fault?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to believe that thread is almost a couple of years old.
And this stuff is still going on.
And @alohaalex - another password often used by the hackbots is asdf1234

This may be worth a read too.
Food for thought.