Hikvision camera missing playback/picture menu

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently installed a SD Card to try and do some time lapse snapshots direct from the camera. My understanding is that it is better quality if stored direct to the SD at the camera.

Now I was looking at download some test images but I am missing the playback and picture menu at the top of the screen when I connect to the camera via the virtual host function. I also do not have any video on the live view screen either, I can confirm this is not a plugin issue as it works when i view via the nvr webpage.

The camera is a DS-2CD2385FWD-I.

Thanks for any help you can provide I feel like I am missing something easy.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm this is not a plugin issue as it works when i view via the nvr webpage.
Just guessing here -
Is the NVR running the plugin-free NVR 4.x firmware and you are not using IE11 because it doesn't need it to render video?
And perhaps the camera via the Virtual Host access does is not running plugin-free firmware and therefore requires IE11 with the plugin?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d add also to confirm you did in fact initialize and format the Micro SD card prior to its use. If you see the status as Normal the card has been activated and formatted in the system.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments,

I've worked out that I can access the picture menu by entering download.asp in the URL however, I can't download the images. Is there some security setting which might stop the direct access for viewing?

I can successfully view the NVR so positive it is not a plugin issue.

Reaction score
OK. I stand corrected it works with IE. I don't know why a browser would effect what menu tabs you can see.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can successfully view the NVR so positive it is not a plugin issue.
True for the NVR - but not necessarily true for the camera web GUI that is being accessing through the NVR. The camera has different firmware with different capabilities.

I don't know why a browser would effect what menu tabs you can see.
Under the covers an active web page is quite a complicated thing these days.
Different browsers can interpret the content in different ways, or just ignore parts they can't parse.
Hikvision products display significant detailed differences across different browsers.
And the plugin-free access that uses websockets still doesn't quite match the access provided by IE11 with the webcomponents plugin.