Hikvision camera suddenly went offline, unable to do tftp

manizzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bunch of hikvision PoE camera. Everything was working great till couple of days back. Suddenly one of my camera went offline. I tried
1. Rebooting the camera by removing PoE power.
2. Pressed reset

I even tried removing the power, holding reset button, put back the power and continue to hold power for 20 more second to factory reset the device. Nothing worked.

So I thought the device would have bricked and tried following hikvision-tftpd/README.md at master · scottlamb/hikvision-tftpd
I have followed this few years back to update firmware on all my devices. It worked great.

This time it is not working.

I was looking at the tcpdump, didn't see anything in network with ip 192.0.0.64.
So I unplugged and re plugged by other devices in the network, everything came with 192.0.0.64 for a short time.

Not sure what is a happening with the device and why it suddenly went offline. Any thoughts/recommendations?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any thoughts/recommendations?
Does the link detect light on the port the camera is connected to come on?
Have you tried connecting the camera with a different ethernet cable?
Have you tried powering the camera via the 12v barrel connector instead of via PoE?
Do you hear the IRcut activate after powering on this way?
Do the IR LEDs come on when you power on the camera?

manizzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tony.
I tested the connection with other device, it worked fine. Also the device didn't work on the other PoE which was working fine.

With that I was finally able to get the tftp working with multiple reset attempts (I can't exactly say how it worked) and able to get the device back working.