hikvision camera vanished from network after firmware upgrade

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All

I recently tried upgrading my hikvision DS-2CD2032F-IW from 5.2.5 firmware to 5.3.0 and after I rebooted the camera i can no longer see it on my network (router connections) either wired or wireless. I`ve tried the reset, power off camera, keep reset button pressed for 10 seconds whilst powering on but still nothing. Power is ok , led ir are on, and tried two network cables, also via a switch and directly into router.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks alastair but nothing on sadp. I`ve been playing around , i`ve tried loads of different firmwares with the tftp server. I finally found one that would actually complete and update. But after resetting still nothing on the network. I`ve even tried the telnet approach when keeping the tftp server running but it doesnt find anything on 192.0.0.64

Any ideas?

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah, i plugged it straight into the router rather than my switch and then sadp found it. but it wasnt accessible from the web browser. I tried resetting the camera twice and now it no longer appears. Pulling my hair out with this thing.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
give it a new ip when in sadp and make sure port was not affected, I had one that did not like any port changes on camera itself. If you have a android phone use "fing" app and see if you have any ip conflicts. How is it powered if lugged into router a injector?

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now it seems to appear in the sadp, takes about 5minutes to appear after plugging it into the router. But when I try and change the ip and i`m entering the password 12345 it just timesout. I`ve tried resetting the camera a few times.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes 4.0.8build 150401
Its sent from china, but turned up with english setup, albeit chinese manuals,etc.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like another "don't upgrade if it ain't broke" never understand why people are driven to update. Where did you get the software for your hacked camera to update ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get the chinese firmware on that matches the sticker on your camera. Then use the downgrader.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately already had a go with IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.3.0_150513.zip and tried the 1-line and 4-line but neither would finish the upgrade, just transfer completed and then nothing :-(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but neither would finish the upgrade,
It can take 5 mins to complete - don't just go on what the tftp updater window shows. Leave it a while and power cycle.
If you haven't already done this, of course. You probably have.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah been leaving it a few times, I just left it going for an hour and it was just stuck at the file transfer completed step when I came back.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I`m attaching a photo of the camera and its label to see if anyone has an idea why I cant get it unbricked. I can only seem to get one chinese firmware to transmit and update correctly, the rest just complete transfer and do nothing (for 5-10mins). I`ve tried all many of versions 5.2.5, 5.3.0 english/chinese. Currently it transmits with tftp ok, but when I reset my PC ip address to automatic, reboot the camera nothing appears on the SAPD tool. Have tried plugging into the router and a switch. So never get to see any login school.

Any ideas before I cut the leads off and use it to keep the back door open.

Attachments

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok i`ve got a little bit more life out of this camera. It does now show up in the sapd and ivms tools but it doesnt seem to respond either in ivms or going through the web browser. I can see the netinfo though and the serial number within iVMS. Any ideas?
Capture-1.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The firmware version showing of 4.0.8 suggests it's running in the 'min-system' recovery mode (no web services) that is entered when incompatible firmware or hardware problems occur.
What did you do that was different to get it to that slightly more responding state?
The 'downgrader' here has often been a fix for those situations : https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
I tried the first link to the5.30 downgrader you posted yesterday already and that one seemed to complete and then I could at least detect it on the sadp, albeit unresponsive. Today I tried that one again and it would no longer complete the TFTP . I ran SADP and nothing appeared for a few minutes and then the camera was there, but again not responding. It still says firmware v4.0.8build 150401.
I also tried the 4 lines downgrader but that just transmits but doesnt complete the upgrade.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

bayensf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have exactly the same issue;

Using DS-2CD2132F-IWS that was om V5.2.5 141201. After update (failure) SADP showing V4.0.8 150401 and 192.168.1.64 192.168.1.1.

I have no idea how to recover, did al lot of TFTP but none did complete.

Anyone?....

Fixed it...by using the "downgrader" again BUT now not PC to CAM, but, PC to router (DHCP disabled and set to 192.168.1.1) to CAM. In other words a direct PC to CAM does not work!
As I have an original EU (Netherland) CAM I had to do "hiktools lang digicap.dav 1" now everything is like before V5.2.5 141201 Multilingual.

Last edited by a moderator: