Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Or it could be a case of the intended focus distance of the fixed cam is (yes they are designed and constructed with an optimal focus distance and not infinity) and someone is using it in a field of view that doesn't match up well with that and they are trying to use it closer or farther than the designed distance...

Or it could simply be out of focus. But an easy fix for those inclined.
Both likely. The two I received are both focused much differently in the exact same application so I’m leaning towards unintentional on these. But as you mentioned, fixable.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Alright. Spent 2 hours messing with this. It was slightly harder than anticipated but hopefully I can help someone in the future. So as previously stated, getting the front end off is as easy as removing the faceplate and removing 4 Phillips head screws.
Once you slide the face out, there are 3 spots they glued (feels like a harder or resin version of a hot glue gun) the slider solid. DO NOT TRY TO CUT THROUGH THE GLUE, simply use a straight edge razor or X-Acto knife to lift the corner of the glue it will start to pull up and then use needle nose pliers to remove the rest.
It’s worth noting that the slide adjustment for my two cameras was very tight and required a little muscle to slide. However the adjustment worked perfectly and I’m happy. Please see attached pics.
865D6793-0D32-4C08-A732-7035EEAB118B.jpeg
63C076C5-4782-404F-9068-D3A4594BDE5C.jpeg874E1C1B-42FE-4D4E-8059-E37A6BCCF8FC.jpegB5B59F12-1EB9-4349-B0FA-6BCDA390164D.jpeg

Niceday

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
There is still no Turret version with 8MP ColorVu 2.0 I guess ? thanks

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just received my 4mm version of this camera and it was out of focus right out of the box. However it is real easy to take apart and make the adjustment. I used the Exacto knife again and it worked out quite well to remove the glue.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
These cameras should not be leaving the factory with OOF ( out of Focus ) this is just poor Quality Control and they need to be made aware of this. The more people return these faulty items the more Hikvision will be aware something is wrong .

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This should be a warning to Dahua with their new 8K cameras that are about to come on the market. Take better care of the quality control than Hikision. Most consumers will not open up the camera and make adjustments. IMHO Hikvision is most likely rushing things along in order to fullfill their backlog of orders.

craigscott

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, hope this is not too off topic, but has anyone seen the new Annke version of what I assume is this camera?

What are peoples thoughts?

Been following these threads with interest!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All, hope this is not too off topic, but has anyone seen the new Annke version of what I assume is this camera?

It looks like the Hikvision camera. Specifications and looks are very similar. The Hikvision camera is cheaper through Andy.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Superb picture.

Maconi

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like I may have snagged some of the last of Andy's inventory for now. :cool:

haul.png

Now for the newb questions to begin lol. I already have a Cisco Gigabit PoE switch and a Synology 1621+ NAS with 26TB available. Should I still grab a Hikvision NVR? If so what model goes best with these cameras, the DS-7608NI-Q2/8P?

Last edited:

NET1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy - can you confirm the correct junction box part number for these cams? Need to order a few. Thank you!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pb&j

n3wb
Reaction score
The newest firmware out for this camera does support the "linkage of the light" for the white light activation with motion and line crossing events. I have been using this on my 2 for about a week now and it works perfectly - except it does not differentiate between night and day. I am using 5.5.160_210416 from the US portal. The international portal has it listed also but only for the non (c) version - not sure what that is but is uses a different firmware and I can't verify it has the "linkage of the light".

NET1

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.