Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

ilikeme87

n3wb
Reaction score
will get some in around 10days, will invite @alastairstevenson to make a review. :D
I will be excited to see the reviews and possibly order one. Currently re-doing my entire camera setup. Have been enjoying the 2431T I just got and installed and have a 5442TM on the way.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
dahua one still need 2-3 months to be released. Sample is on the way, lol
It sounds like Dahua got caught on this one concentrating on smaller sensors whilst Hik went the way the market wants, larger. Shame Dahua are behind but will be great to see their offering when available. Even more so if it comes as a varifocal turret.

As for pricing, some users above are reporting $240 on aliexpress. That seems expensive and seems as though maybe some sellers are scalping based on the Covid crisis. In the UK I've seen the 4mp version for £170 and the 4k (8mp) version for £198 at an online vendor. TBH, with the prices so close, if the 8k version can match the 4mp version with the leds off, then I see no reason why anyone would want to purchase the 4mp version. £/$ 28 difference. No contest if lighting performance is tied. Hik just need a varifocal turret to tap into the most popular segment here.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm.. I have currently have Duhua's installed in my production system, and personally feel the cams don't perform as well as they should on paper.
I have been testing a variety of cheap cameras from ebay, and have been blown away by the Night Performance. Pretty much any of the cams with the dozen+ LED's around the RIM seem to provide a ton load more of illumination with less bounce and glare. Downside of testing, is they seem to attract bugs\insects on the camera lens so I see why Dahua doesn't use this.

Point being, BI provides the flexibility to use other cameras, so next on my list is a low light Hikvision camera, this model looks to be worth the jump.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua are now well behind Hikvision in terms of sensors and I feel Dahua are also going down hill with quality control.

Price for the 8m DSCD2t87g2-l IS £149 Plus VAT
Price for the 8m DSCD2087g2-l IS £117 Plus VAT

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Who is your supplier please ?, any one else got suppliers in UK offering these at a good price. Has anyone on the forum reviewed these ? and lastly I note above Andy @ AliExpress.com is offering these, can Andy get these to us in UK cheaper then a supplier in UK :) ?, I think alot of members are waiting for Andy's proposed sale and hence Andy could have some nice business coming up now he is selling these also :)

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Though my business not focus on hikvision, but can bring some hikvision good models to show here is bit good, lots of hik fans here too. Good news, next week can get the cams, just check with hik.
I believe if you start stocking more Hikvision cams you will see your customer base explode. I'm excited to hear that you will be stocking these especially

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Who is your supplier please ?, any one else got suppliers in UK offering these at a good price. Has anyone on the forum reviewed these ? and lastly I note above Andy @ AliExpress.com is offering these, can Andy get these to us in UK cheaper then a supplier in UK :) ?, I think alot of members are waiting for Andy's proposed sale and hence Andy could have some nice business coming up now he is selling these also :)
I have lots of trade accounts with different suppliers and the cheapest is £117 plus VAT Including 3 years Hikvision warranty with FULL support.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe if you start stocking more Hikvision cams you will see your customer base explode. I'm excited to hear that you will be stocking these especially
Definitely great news. Might pick up couple of these after reviews.

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes definitely make sure to compare like models. Mine is the LU, and branded Hik from an authorized distributor.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes definitely make sure to compare like models. Mine is the LU, and branded Hik from an authorized distributor.
Please can we list models in discussion so comparing can be done fairly. As all this Hikvision stuff is new to me also. If I am going to look into it, I need to know what I am getting and what Andy is offering for how much :)