Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

Logan555

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for this and Parleys post, I also had a crap picture on my 4MP DS-2CD2047G2 rear camera and took it apart to Re-focus it although the insides were different and required removing 2 mini pcbs to get at the lens the results are much much better Pics below

Attachments

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for this and Parleys post, I also had a crap picture on my 4MP DS-2CD2047G2 rear camera and took it apart to Re-focus it although the insides were different and required removing 2 mini pcbs to get at the lens the results are much much better Pics below
Do you have any pictures of what it looks like inside as curious why it was different?

Logan555

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont unfortunately but its quite different with the focus ring being right on the end of the lens hence having to remove the lens assy completely from the body and plugging in the little pcbs and power and setting the focus before putting everything back inside the body, It wasnt too difficult just abit fiddly with tiny screws inside. What did surprise me was inside the body was one of those little mosture absorbing bags.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont unfortunately but its quite different with the focus ring being right on the end of the lens hence having to remove the lens assy completely from the body and plugging in the little pcbs and power and setting the focus before putting everything back inside the body, It wasnt too difficult just abit fiddly with tiny screws inside. What did surprise me was inside the body was one of those little mosture absorbing bags.
Mine had two of the moisture absorbing bags.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, those bags better replace every 6-8months. though the camera is seal well, but can't be totally sealed. So need those bosorbing bags.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
ADT thinks they own all blue-ish octagons huh?

Time to get your trademark registrations in for more basic geometric shapes before they're all gone!
Just revisited this at a reasonable time of day now that I'm more awake, and the focus improvement looks better front to back.

I think someone should feed this back to Hikvision because the performance of their cameras is being seriously degraded by the looks of it by poor focus setup at the factory.

shapin

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the 2.8mm suffer from that bad focus too?
If so what alternative do you guys recommend?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Full disclosure I don't have one but from what I've seen I don't think you'll be disappointed with the camera out of the box. It could be better but it's by no means poor to start with.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I had the money to hand.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As I said earlier, I have 4 of them. 4 of the 4MM's and one of the 6MM's. Two of the 4MM's were perfect right out of the box. One 4MM and the 6MM I had to take apart and fine tune the focus. It is not hard to do if you are mechanically inclined. However as stated above it is something that the buyer should not have to do. It is a fine camera and I would buy another one if I had a place for it, and that is its saving grace. However I am waiting on the Dahua version to try out.

Maconi

n3wb
Reaction score
How much of a close-focus difference is there between the 2.8mm and 4mm in the real world? I had originally purchased some 4mm's based on DORI but I looked over the huge focal range difference between them spec-sheet wise (4.5m vs 7m close-focus). How much worse is the 4mm at focusing on close objects vs the 2.8mm (does "out of focus" mean unidentifiable or just slightly imperfect focus)?

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello All,

What is the latest firmware for these please ?, tried downloading from hik site which gave me a very recent digicap..dav file which refused to work with 'the type of upgrade file mismatches' error. The exact link i used was DS-2CD2087G2-L(U)

Thank you

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision.com links to a firmware version, but that digicap.dav file fails to flash.:
Firmware_V5.5.800_210628

The Hikvisioneurope.com Portal doesn't have a link for firmware 5.5.800_210628. If you don't mind me asking, what version were you able to successfully upgrade to?
Hello, I updated to 5.5.160 build210416 as that was the latest one I could see using the link given. Thank you