HIKVISION CUSTOMER SERVICE

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Hikvision customer service? I have been having trouble with the 180 degree colorvue camera with false detects to my synology NAS. I was working with hikvision technical assistance via email when they started blocking my emails (inbox full cr@p). I went to RMA and they were a PITA as well, telling me that they couldn't return the camera via USPS, which I can only utilize due to location. After I requested their CEO, CFO contact info, did the acquiesce. Anyway, they ended up replacing the camera citing a bad board.

I install the new camera and i end up with the exact same problem. I send several new technical support tickets in with them sending me a feedback form a few days later. I blasted them for no response and them closing the ticket.

What am i missing here? I asked them to send me any procedure info as to how the ticket is handled, but no info, especially since they handled the original ticket over email.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Tech support to end users is not their thing. the target market for Hikvision is installers and security companies etc....
So it sounds like HIkvision is saying " yeah buddy,,F-off.... your "exact same problem " is your problem not HIkvisions,,, if the board has been replaced.
A false detect is subject to interpretation. I got lightning and thunder outside right now....You think I want those motion detects? are they false?
I got a spider web string dangling in front of a couple cams. sending off triggers.
I have a distant floodlight across the street with a tree branch waving in front of it giving false positives. Not in my realm of control...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We are not the Dahua and Hikvision target audience, it is the professional installers that are authorized to sell and install this gear, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from for sales, support or firmware updates.

Many people have bought a "Hikvision" or "Dahua" from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt - we have dozens of threads were people come here after trying that route. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer.

The few responses you got from them were lucky before they shut you down.

And as pointed out, no device is 100% accurate and field of view and environment, along with setup of the camera, greatly impact how many flase triggers or not. It is probably user error or expecting too much and not the camera.

They threw you a new camera to shut you up, but if it is the same issue then it is an issue with your setup including possibility of being incompatible with your NAS.

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thats why you should buy from authorized distributer that will give you warranty and technical support and can initiate RMA.

Saving 20 bucks off just to buy from ebay will get you nothing but device, no warranty nor support(except us here :D)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you dont want to pay the expensive installer/dealer charges for an authorized unit and you want a 1-800 customer service phone number, then buy Annke that is their consumer line, but recognize that most don't have good success with that either as they simply read from a script...

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
Haha, wow didn't think it was this bad. My false detects were confirmed as I was watching the camera view, nothing moving and the synology surveillance station pegging out. I did notice a flickering light in the distance during windy nights, even though it wasn't in the detect zone, I used the privacy masking to mask it out and that stopped some of the triggering.

I bought it from B&H Photo, who refused to even send me a reply. Yeah, Amazon, what a joke. Pack a cast iron skillet with spaghetti noodles, and then don't want to hear about it. I'll take a look at the sites for authorized distributors.

For the incompatibility part, I was hoping to find any info leading to that. I'll search this forum, hopefully something pops.

Appreciate the frankness and info!

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
What would be a good camera brand/source to deal with? Kinda hooked on the home security thing... DIY though due to location.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats why you should buy from authorized distributer that will give you warranty and technical support and can initiate RMA.

Saving 20 bucks off just to buy from ebay will get you nothing but device, no warranty nor support(except us here :D)
Its way more than a 20 dollar savings and you know that....why would you lie on a forum full of folks who know this?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
A flickering light could trigger false alarms if set to movement detection. Unless you have AI and are using it to filter targets, any movement will be imterpreted as a trigger. Shadows caused by passing coulds on sunny days are a common one.

Movement detection is literally anything that changes within the picture. If your camera has AI built in, then filter triggers using human detection and vehicles to produce alerts. It will greatly reduce your false footprint. You can also adjust the object trigger sie if such a setting is available to remove small distant objects from the equation.

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, agree. I use the privacy mask to mask out stuff like that. I have a few neighbors that have lights that go on and off at all times of the night. I mask those out as best as i can. I did have the human and vehicles set with no change in false detects. I read somewhere that the human and vehicle setting was only useful if you had a Hik NVR. Is this correct? And also seen the clouds roll by - and that was using the synology to manage the motion detection.

One guy recommended I use the intrusion detection, setting the zones and the max/min object size. I tried that and that didn't help. as soon as i enabled motion detection and set the synology to use the camera settings, I kept getting detections when there was nothing moving.

Appreciate all your inputs! might lead to something I missed!

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
I just read on other threads that the acusense is embedded within the camera software so the hik NVR is not required. Anyway, still does not work for me as the false detects keep on comin'.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of your field of view and settings