Hikvision D7608 NI E2 8 Network CAM installation

grunt68

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in process of installing the Hikvision NVR to pick up 4 existing cams on the network, 2 Axis and 2 Foscams. Understand that 8 POE ports come cofigured plug and play and the need to modify to manual in order to pick up cameras. NVR sees the axis cam, but for some reason it tells me U name and password are incorrect. I can reach camera on via GUI on my network and verified U name and password correct. Perhaps I am missing something. Also I changed Protocol to ONVIFbut still no luck. Hoping someone might know what problem might be.
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can reach camera on via GUI on my network and verified U name and password correct.
Dumb question for which apologies - is it possible that the camera password is too long or uses special characters that are invalid for that older NVR?

grunt68

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually NVR show strong password?? but it gives me error (not connecting ) due to user & passwoed.. Thye fact that I can log in to camera on network shows that password and user are OK??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually NVR show strong password?? but it gives me error (not connecting ) due to user & passwoed.. Thye fact that I can log in to camera on network shows that password and user are OK??
I don't remember the allowed password specs for the firmware on the E-series NVRs - but if for example the camera password was longer than say 16 characters and the NVR was limited to using 16 characters to connect to the camera, the camera would then complain about 'bad password' when the NVR attempted the connection.

A suggestion to try :
Change the camera password to a simple fairly short one, give the changed password to the NVR and check if it is then able to connect OK.

grunt68

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, the password was only 9 characters with one special character, NVR ackowledges it as a strong password so I am assuming its ok. I went ahead and changed it to a 7 characters no special characters and now NVR again gives me "uname or password is wrong" . and also flagging password as "weak. Again I can reach and view camera on my network GUI.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I went ahead and changed it to a 7 characters no special characters and now NVR again gives me "uname or password is wrong"
OK, scratch that idea then. Pity.
Assuming you changed the password on both the NVR and on the camera.
Which it seems you did.
Apologies for the dumb question.