Hikvision da-7608ni-i2/8p reboot issue

Dafingerz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

have A weird one that Hikvision support were quite puzzled by, wondering if anyone has faced similar issues before. Sorry for the wall of text below

I have upgraded many units and experienced my fair share of mistakes and learned from these over the years. Ie using correct region firmwares. Confirming firmeware is for correct units. Not jumping multiple versions and having to do TFTP recoveries, and this one has me stumped .

I factoried and upgraded a ds7608ni-i2/8p from 4.50 to 4.51 successfully, NVR works fine until multiple cameras are connected. The NVR locks up and reboots and continues this repeatedly after the cameras have powered on and start recording

I’ve checked the power consumption on the NVR monitor and it is well within its capacity. Have also tried using a Different power supply and tested and different cameras and patch leads as part of the process for elimination.

following on, I have tried newer firmware versions up to the latest 4.61 which all produce same results, however rolling back to 4.50 resolves the issue…
Couple months later, clients NVR ds7608ni-i2/8p has a failed HDD, simple swap out and I decided to do a firmware upgrade, lo and behold this one developed the same fault, the NVR locks up when cameras are connected. Rolled back and it’s fine. Has been running for weeks without issue (with 8 IPC)

so I don’t think it’s related to IPC (unless its IPC firmware) and I don’t think it’s power supply related. Hikvision said they have had no reported issues like this on thier firmware. They have reviewed logs and all we can see is unexpected reboots, but nothing useful for diagnostics. Their only recommendation was to return NVR to distributor for a serial diagnostic. But this one is out of warranty.

Problem now is both NVR’s prompt the users to upgrade firmware locally and in hik-connect. If someone clicks upgrade, it all goes Humpty Dumpty again.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts

Dafingerz

n3wb
Reaction score
Some further research has lead me to believe that models manufactured around 2015 may have this fault and is supposedly due to the hardware used. as there might be to too many variables to determine which model specifically, some people have suggested still contacting the distributor and attempting to have it replaced but due to its age that might be unlikely. Unfortunately I don’t have more to go on, so if there is a next person with the same issue I apologies, there doesn’t appear to be much of a fix/work around other than downgrading the firmware to 4.50

I happy to be told otherwise, until then.
With warm regards.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
there doesn’t appear to be much of a fix/work around other than downgrading the firmware to 4.50
Would it be worth experimenting with newer firmware?
There are a few versions newer than 4.51, for example (not sure why it's specific to Oz)
NVR_K51_BL_ML_AUSTRALIA_STD_V4.61.010_220527
and also this bugfix version
NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.61.025_220905

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This problem is the reason that I merged away from Hikvision to Dahua many years ago. Hikvision products seem to not tolerate power failure or incorrect firmware updates.