Hikvision DDNS new registrations no longer working after 12/16/16?

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to buy a new NVR from AE, my usually seller stated that Hikvision's HiDDNS will no longer allow me to register a new device domain with her NVR after 12/16/16. She stated that any camera or NVR from Hikvision that she sells won't be able to register a new device domain but the old ones will still work if it's already pre registered. I found this quite weird, as I believe tons of people use that service on their machine.

You can still use 3rd party DDNS providers like DYNDNS but Hikvision's own free one won't work with her equipment. I'm fine with it, just have to pay for a 3rd party company to use it now.

Has anyone heard anything about this and if it's only affected with the International English version and the ones in US/Europe won't be affected?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I was going to buy a new NVR from AE, my usually seller stated that Hikvision's HiDDNS will no longer allow me to register a new device domain with her NVR after 12/16/16. She stated that any camera or NVR from Hikvision that she sells won't be able to register a new device domain but the old ones will still work if it's already pre registered. I found this quite weird, as I believe tons of people use that service on their machine.

You can still use 3rd party DDNS providers like DYNDNS but Hikvision's own free one won't work with her equipment. I'm fine with it, just have to pay for a 3rd party company to use it now.

Has anyone heard anything about this and if it's only affected with the International English version and the ones in US/Europe won't be affected?
I'm guessing here, but it is prob just another squeeze HIK is doing in order to control there weird ass market/regional products. My bet is this is just another stop gap like the "language mismatch" they implimented to try and stop hacked firmware and hardware being sold outside the region it was intended for.

It's all total BS and HIK just being assholes with there makes no sense regional distribution agreements they have in place.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing here, but it is prob just another squeeze HIK is doing in order to control there weird ass market/regional products. My bet is this is just another stop gap like the "language mismatch" they implimented to try and stop hacked firmware and hardware being sold outside the region it was intended for.

It's all total BS and HIK just being assholes with there makes no sense regional distribution agreements they have in place.
Unfortunate. I thought those international versions would be excluded but I guess they really want to get rid of these grey market units from using their resources. I really don't know what region the machines I buy from are for but they seem to work fine when you update it, the menus stay in English and doesn't revert back to Chinese. I'll just have to use a 3rd party DDNS or buy a machine from here locally. I'm surprised that no one else here has gotten any advanced notice about it or maybe we'll hear more complaints after the 16th.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score