Hikvision Delayed Notifications (iPhone) and delayed motion detection

Djruk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I’m a non-technical but can navigate the DVR and amend settings. On to my second HikVision DVR. Not IP configured.

Anyone who can help, much appreciated.

I had my cams changed two days ago. The new ones are HikVision 5mg full HD full colour at night but they are BNC. 5 cams in total. They were previously 2mg and I had 4 cams.

DVR:- HikVision DS-7208HUHI-K1

I’ve been running Intruder Detection and Line Crossing on all the cameras without major issue for around 18 months. Received notifications for detection within seconds using the old cameras.

However, after having the new cameras installed I’m now experiencing a huge delay in receiving the notifications (iPhone) Anywhere between 1 and 8 minutes. Also, the detection is sporadic. Meaning it’s capturing/recording after an event has already taken place.

I’ve reduced resolution, frame rate and bit rate and amended sub-stream down to bare minimum. I’ve lowered the resolution in main stream and kept it slightly higher for Event recording

My internet connection is ADSL 10mg down/1mg up...no fibre available in my area. But I’m having cable fitted next week.

Are notification / detection issues likely to be caused by something configured incorrectly on the dvr box or is it more likely related to my net connection?