Hikvision disappear when changing port and/or IP

Spacekiek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got 2 DS-2CD2xx2 camera's from Hikvision.
They started acting weird, so I've reset one to factory settings. I can find and connect to the camera using SADP without issues with DHCP enabled and working on port 80.
Changing the port and/or fixed IP address, the camera is inaccessible through the browser.
I can see the camera popping up in SADP, but then it dissapears/reappears every few seconds ?

Also tried upgrading to firmware 5.4.0, same issues ?!

Any hints? :sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got 2 DS-2CD2xx2 camera's from Hikvision.
They started acting weird, so I've reset one to factory settings. I can find and connect to the camera using SADP without issues with DHCP enabled and working on port 80.
Changing the port and/or fixed IP address, the camera is inaccessible through the browser.
I can see the camera popping up in SADP, but then it dissapears/reappears every few seconds ?

Also tried upgrading to firmware 5.4.0, same issues ?!

Any hints? :sad2:
There are some reports of hikvision cams not liking port changes...there is no reason to have to change the port...most routers allow for using an external port that is different from the internal.

Spacekiek

n3wb
Reaction score
I've seen some posts too ... but what about IP change, I like a fixed IP for my camera's, not DHCP.
This bricks the camera too ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen some posts too ... but what about IP change, I like a fixed IP for my camera's, not DHCP.
This bricks the camera too ...
if the ip change alone bricks the camera then there is likely some firmware corruption...try a hard reset first though. Also, simply use dhcp reservation and you wont need to change the ip..

Spacekiek

n3wb
Reaction score
The router of my ISP is VERY basic. I can only forward internal IP with beginning and end PORT with TCP&UDP. That's it. I can't lock a MAC with a specific IP adress ...

I've tried 2 hikvision camera's now with the same result. I can change IP and/or port, after reboot you can't reach the webinterface. It appears and disappears in SADP ...
Firmware updated, same result.

I just want to use "IP CAM VIEWER" on my iPhone, but then I need to connect to: xxx.ddns.net:#port (and forward the port of the new port number I've put in the webinterface of Hikvision, otherwise it's all port 80)

So with my 4 camera's it's:

xxx.ddns.net:90 (HIKVISION)
xxx.ddns.net:91 (HIKVISION)
xxx.ddns.net:92 (Y-CAM)
xxx.ddns.net:93 (Y-CAM)

+ fowarding all these ports

Or is there another way to set this up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or is there another way to set this up ?
Yes, disable the port forwards.. install an OpenVPN Server on your LAN (or upgrade that POS router to a better one w/VPN Server built in) and use a secure encrypted tunnel back to your LAN to access your cameras without none of this port forwarding nonsence.

Spacekiek

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, disable the port forwards.. install an OpenVPN Server on your LAN (or upgrade that POS router to a better one w/VPN Server built in) and use a secure encrypted tunnel back to your LAN to access your cameras without none of this port forwarding nonsence.
It's funny one is sometimes stuck in a certain chain of thoughts ...
VPN is indeed a much better option to do this AND has extra benefits for other applications as well.
Thanks a lot for this excellent idea !!!

I set up a L2TP/IPSec VPN on a Synology (because iOS has this VPN build in, the openVPN app looks really old?) and is working fine.
Although speed could be better ... my upload is 20Mbit at home, but using VPN it drops to just under 2 Mbit ?!
Synology doesn't show much strain on the CPU, so must be something else.
I guess I'd better enable the Synology's firewall as well, because ports 1701/500/4500 UDP are open now for this VPN.