HikVision Dome cameras with BAD night vision

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a few systems that are set up using Hikvision cameras in Blue Iris. Several cameras (DS-2CD2132F-I) and similar models that look terrible at night. Looks like the IR is bouncing around in the dome and reflecting bad. They Look real foggy looking. Am I missing something in the settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few systems that are set up using Hikvision cameras in Blue Iris. Several cameras (DS-2CD2132F-I) and similar models that look terrible at night. Looks like the IR is bouncing around in the dome and reflecting bad. They Look real foggy looking. Am I missing something in the settings?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try cleaning your dome lense. Carefully. My 2cd2142 lense reflects back dust particles. This is not noticeable in the day but at night it's quite annoying. Usually I can just wipe the outside with a clean rag. Sometimes I also need to use a lense cleaner. If it gets really bad I might need to take off the cover and carefully clean the inside of the dome cover using lense cleaner and lint free cloth. I usually have to clean them several times a year.

Reaction score
Hello,
make sure there's nothing around reflecting IR. I had the same problem when i mounted a PTZ 25x 4Mpixel camera near a wall. The wall reflected the IR back in a side of the camera dome, making the images foggy.

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This ended up being that the foam ring around the camera lens had shrunken away from the dome lens, letting in the IR light. I fixed this by cutting off the foam ring and shimming it up by gluing a piece of foam pipe insulation under it to space it out against the dome lens again. It works!! Now I'm trying to figure out a better shim. Thank you