Hikvision DS-2CD1021- Can't set Iris Mode to 'auto'

Reaction score
Hi there!
I have installed Hikvision DS-2CD1021 and I can't find a way to set the Iris Mode to 'Auto'.
The only option is 'Manual'.

My goal is to use the camera at different light environments, without using IR or WDR, while maintaining Day Mode.

Any ideas please?
Best regards to all!

IrisMode.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed Hikvision DS-2CD1021 and I can't find a way to set the Iris Mode to 'Auto'.
The only option is 'Manual'.
There is no iris on that camera, it's a fixed aperture lens. Ideally that option should not show - but the firmware covers a wide range of cameras.
My goal is to use the camera at different light environments, without using IR or WDR, while maintaining Day Mode.
The camera uses automatic exposure to achieve that - the exposure time that's configurable in that drop-down isn't the fixed exposure that will be used - it sets the slowest exposure that the automatic exposure will use. As the image gets brighter, the exposure time will reduce. As it gets darker, the exposure time will increase, but will not go larger than the value set in the dropdown.

*edit* And by the way - under 'Day/Night switch' presumably you want to change the setting from Auto to Day

Last edited: