Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I firmware upgrade V5.2.0->V5.3.0->V5.4.0

mkRE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello forum members,

i hope i can find here solutions to fix my problem with my Hikvision DS-2CD2012-I IP camera.
I cant find on the web such as on the Hikvision Websites older firmware upgrades.

At the mean time my camera have the following firmware V5.0.2 130805 and i need to upgrde the firmware to the version V5.4.0.
I found on the web that i need first to upgrdade the firmware as folowing V5.2.0->V5.3.0->V5.4.0 but to fix it i need first the upgrades.

Can somebody help me where i can find and download older firmware upgrades otherwise maybe somebody collect upgrade files and can send me by E-mail?

Please help me.

Thank you

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this an English/upgradeable camera? Or is it a CN camera with CCCH in the serial number? If so - an update with the stock firmware will brick it.

I cant find on the web such as on the Hikvision Websites older firmware upgrades.
Hikvision have removed these from most of their websites.
But there are still some older versions on the Russian FTP site here : ftp://ftp.hikvision.ru/02.%202-line%20cameras/R0%20platform%20-%20DS-2CD2XX2/
Then you could apply the EN/ML version from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

mkRE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello alastairstevenson and thank you for the fast answer.

My cameras serial number begins: DS-2CD2012-I0120130921CCRR43464xxxx i think it is an EU version i bought her used in the czech republik (i am from Czech republik)
On the russian FTP i think there is all what i need to upgrade my cameras i hope and think there will be no problem by the upgrade (language etc.).

Maybe one last question, why there is nowhere some informations of an upgrade to version V4.1.xx? Was this maybe skipped is it possible?
On the web i never find any informations about that version they only beginning with V4.2.xx.
Why i ask is that i am afraid to become trouble on my Cam after upgrade.

Thank you very much.